Lessons = expensive wow!

The Huey, and please put a capital letter when referring to the Huey, is not for rent. We do crew longline and bucket training with this machine. We also do an intro to part 133 external load. She is in restricted category. By the way, The Huey, was the only real helicopter ever built.

bossman

kinda playing a game with words. so what you are trying to say is you provide training for free in the huey? how are you "bucket training" and doing an "intro" to part 133 external load" and not charging for the use of the machine?

kinda playing a game with words. so what you are trying to say is you provide training for free in the huey? how are you "bucket training" and doing an "intro" to part 133 external load" and not charging for the use of the machine?

Oh, but to figure out the finances. Sometimes we just like to fly.

bossman

i have to agree with bossman about variety of experience as it seemed to me to be a big factor in helping my career, as a 600hr pilot i have flown and got a small amount of time in long ranger, jet ranger, s55, huey, allouette, r22, all the schweiser range, r44, for me, my hour buliding has been expensive, and luck has gone my way in getting my first cfi position flying allouettes, giving me the most valuable thing you can want as an up and coming pilot, lots of turbine time!!! i have been to lots of different schools inc austrailia, new zealand, america and uk which has given me a great perception on the way different schools teach and have taken something from all of them, i would hope that other more experienced pilots dont look down at people like myself who are trying to climb the ladder and cannot see why a company would be called irresponsible to employ me!! i think that i will make a good pilot and will be an asset to them, i know that by the time i have 1000pic ill have 400hrs gom experience, now im sure that is a better position to be in than flying with an ex cfi with a 1000hrs robbie time flying a pattern which is who will be up against!

as for getting back to the original topic, i think that as a student pilot you have to realise that 1) this is going to cost you a small fortune and somehow like the rest of us you have to get your head round it(even though i hurts) 2) you will probally have to travel or move to achieve your dream, (nothing about being a chopper pilot was made easy!!) 3) have extrmely understanding parents who can perminantly bail you out 4) you need o have the patience of a saint to realise your dream and 5 accept bankrupcy as a very big part of your plan!!!!

all said and done its the best thing i ever did and wouldnt change my life now for anything!!

blue skies

mattcob