Helicopter sayings

SuperSixOne

1) what is a helicopter pilot? A NUT hanging under a NUT.

2) What can you say about that NUT? Helluva NUT.

3) Why did the Nut become a helicopter pilot? Because he's good with his stick.

4) Why did the Nut turn down promotion? Because he likes the view from his office

5) Why did God allow Man to invent Whiskey? Because otherwise Nuts would rule the world

6) what do Nuts really cherish? Thrust

7) is there hope for Nuts? collectively, no..

8) is being a Nut a good career? it goes cyclically

???

:blink: (gawd...)

• 2 years later...

Sorry to revive a dead thread, but I figured I'd share a word of advice I received not too long ago from a FedEx captain. Not really specific to helicopters, or aviation, but might as well be.

"Son, you're young. You should go find yourself a woman you hate and buy her a house. Just get it out of your system."

• 3 weeks later...

Experience is an accident you DIDN'T have.

Airplanes are designed to fly, and they will fly, until some fixed-wing pilot interferes with the controls and makes it crash. Helicopters are designed to crash, and they will, unless some dashingly handsome, coordinated, intelligent helicopter pilot makes it fly.

• 4 years later...
  • 1 year later...
On 6/25/2007 at 3:19 AM, SuperSixOne said:

I've heard quite a few different sayings about helicopters from the fixed wing guys, got any more?

- Everyone is a student in a helicopter

- If you push the stick forward, the houses get bigger. If you pull the stick back, they get smaller. Unless your in a helicopter, then you need to find another stick.

- Flying helicopters isn't more dangerous. Crashing them is what's dangerous, and it just happeneds more often.

- Helicopters don't fly; they vibrate so much and make so much noise that the earth rejects them.

- If God had meant man to fly helicopters, He'd have given him more money.

- A helicopter is a collection of rotating parts going around and around and reciprocating parts going up and down -- all of them trying to become random in motion. Right now.

- A fool and his money are soon flying more helicopter than he can handle.

- Gravity never loses. The best you can hope for is a draw.

- There are old pilots, and bold pilot, but no old bold pilots - heard this on on here

I'd like to hear your's

Ha ha ha, in the Army as a helicopter unit, we used to always say, you know when you're in trouble when a captain says, I've been thinking, when a lieutenant says, It's been my experience, and a warrant officer says, hey, watch this sh*t.

On 2/15/2014 at 12:07 PM, Francis Meyrick said:

1) what is a helicopter pilot? A NUT hanging under a NUT.

2) What can you say about that NUT? Helluva NUT.

3) Why did the Nut become a helicopter pilot? Because he's good with his stick.

4) Why did the Nut turn down promotion? Because he likes the view from his office

5) Why did God allow Man to invent Whiskey? Because otherwise Nuts would rule the world

6) what do Nuts really cherish? Thrust

7) is there hope for Nuts? collectively, no..

😎 is being a Nut a good career? it goes cyclically

???

:blink: (gawd...)

I'm confused. Are you referring to the "Jesus Nut" which was the big nut that held the Huey blade system in place? Because I've heard all those jokes. But there are a lot of things that we depend on, in a helicopter system, to keep us alive. One of those is the loose NUT on the cyclic. So --