Vortex guarantees job interview with Air Logistics

Vortex Helicopters says on they're website that they guarantee a job interview with Air Logistics for pilots who have competed they're Professional Pilot Program. Will Air Logistics actually hire pilots with 200 hrs? I thought you had to have around 1000 hrs to be hired in the Gulf.

JPDPilot

Edited by JPDPilot

I believe the program is- after your CPL at about 160 or so hrs you go for a preinterview. If Air Log gives Mr. Sheeran the thumbs up after the preinterview, you get into the CFI timebuilding program. At about 900-1000 hrs you go back for the REAL interview and hopefully get hired.

Thats how it was explained to me awhile back.

Later

I believe the program is- after your CPL at about 160 or so hrs you go for a preinterview. If Air Log gives Mr. Sheeran the thumbs up after the preinterview, you get into the CFI timebuilding program. At about 900-1000 hrs you go back for the REAL interview and hopefully get hired.

Thats how it was explained to me awhile back.

Later

What is the CFI timebuilding program? The program to get your CFI, or where vortex hires you as an instructor?

And if it is the program to get your CFI, then why would you need a thumbs up from air logistics; wouldn't you just pay for the CFI program?

Edited by r8z^

What is the CFI timebuilding program? The program to get your CFI, or where vortex hires you as an instructor?

And if it is the program to get your CFI, then why would you need a thumbs up from air logistics; wouldn't you just pay for the CFI program?

Pretty sure it's where Vortex hires you as an instructor.

It is my understanding that the "thumbs" up is that Air Log likes you so Joe will put you in a CFI/Mentorship type situation to build your hours, paid of course. Anyone can still do a normal CFI course like whats offered at any heli school and go where they want when completed.