GPs Question

I'm looking into buying a GPS....Here are my last 3, garmin 396/496, or Airmap 2000, or the Flight Cheetah FL 190?? Any opinions would be helpful.

P.S.-I don't care for wx!

Airmap 2K. I have one and it works great! The larger size makes it easy to read in the helicopter (with the vibrations). Plus it comes with all the fixins. If you use the Voyager flight planning software you can download your flight plans to the airmap. Plus it's the cheepest of the 3.

Permison

I just purchased a 496 and love it. Yes it is pricey, but it is worth it. beautifully screen, amazing piece of serious hardware. I am not saying it is the best because this is the first GPS unit I purchased that was not installed at the factory into my vehicle, but I am saying that I really feel like it was a great purchase.

Plus with aviation/Marine and Auto modes, it really does make it worthwhile. and it came down 400 bucks..

I'm looking into buying a GPS....Here are my last 3, garmin 396/496, or Airmap 2000, or the Flight Cheetah FL 190?? Any opinions would be helpful.

P.S.-I don't care for wx!

I have the Airmap 2000, and I love it! Best hand held I've owned. Just upgraded to a waas 430, I think I will keep the AM2K as a backup.

RW