van nevel helicopters

Well I think I have pretty much decided to go with helicopter academy if they get there 141 cert back from the FAA so I can use my GI Bill. I will be starting in April after I get back from a TDY to Alaska.......brrrrr!!! Thanks for the recommend rogue, they do "seem" eager to help me out.....

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Always keep a backup plan in place in the event that "job guarantee" doesn't work out. Regardless of what someone promises you, nothing is guaranteed until it happens. Even then it still isn't because you can be let go with no notice anyway.

Whatever school you go to, make sure you have other job options besides them.

Good luck in Alaska Shay! I know Bristow academy is 141 in Titusville FL or if you go the other direction Bristow also has a campus in New Iberia Louisiana, I visited with them and it looks like a fine place - the guy who gave me the tour warned me that there wasn't as many mechanics at the New Iberia campus so there might be a little more downtime there. There are tons of good schools in Florida unfortuneatly there are none near us!!! except for Van Nevel, and if you're like me I really didn't want to pack up and move especially now that the housing market has crashed. You'd think being at Eglin Air Force base the largest in the US that there would be more helicopter schools. They have whirly birds at hurlburt field and whiting field you'd think with all the choppers around us there might be a little more interest, guess not. :huh:

Edited by Rogue

• 1 month later...
"This is where you will find the court cases. To you and the other guy who posted they couldn't find them those comments seem pretty disingenuous. You obviously are computer literate and there is no rocket science here. Is it because of some ulterior motive perhaps, wanting people to believe what you implied (that they don't exist) and hoping they don't check for themselves? "

whoa, easy killer. I clicked on official records instead of court records my bad. I did click on court records and looked at them.... uhh.... I guess call me disingenious again because I read them but I'm not sure what they mean? ( the dockets ) I'm not advocating the man, heck I've never even met him. I've only recently became aware that they were located near me and was interested in training there for that reason thats all.

PS - and thank you for your time as it helps me make a better decision about my future.

Bossman you seem very eagar to defend Van Nevel and I believe it is for a reson. If you are buying 4 helo's from George and you have found such good in this company, why dont you disclose your personal information and interested parties can follow up. I dont believe you will step up to the challenge because I personally believe you are a close employee of George.

Bossman you seem very eagar to defend Van Nevel and I believe it is for a reson. If you are buying 4 helo's from George and you have found such good in this company, why dont you disclose your personal information and interested parties can follow up. I dont believe you will step up to the challenge because I personally believe you are a close employee of George.

He already does, it's called MARPAT aviation.

pay attention boy.

are you kidding? google marpat aviation

*beat me to it 67N

Edited by mountainchopper

Who is this jessie28? All you have to do is click on my profile to learn all about me, or better yet, come visit with us. There's an open invitation for everyone to come ride my helicopters. Yes, I do tend to jump on a bandwagon every now and then. Yes, I do need to defend Van Nevel. I intend to spend a lot of money with him over the next few years. Yes, it is in my best interest to promote his helicopters. I intend to become a service center for the FH1100's we help him sell. Our first one will arrive the first week of April. If these helicopters do not perform up to specs, I'll be the first one to cry foul, and eat crow. No, I am not an employee of Van Nevel. I hope that MARPAT's affilation with Van Nevel will help both of us to survive in todays market. With the cost of fuel and insurance going up everyday, it's getting very hard to keep the head above water. So, in conclusion, jessie28, come see us.

Who is this jessie28? All you have to do is click on my profile to learn all about me, or better yet, come visit with us. There's an open invitation for everyone to come ride my helicopters. Yes, I do tend to jump on a bandwagon every now and then. Yes, I do need to defend Van Nevel. I intend to spend a lot of money with him over the next few years. Yes, it is in my best interest to promote his helicopters. I intend to become a service center for the FH1100's we help him sell. Our first one will arrive the first week of April. If these helicopters do not perform up to specs, I'll be the first one to cry foul, and eat crow. No, I am not an employee of Van Nevel. I hope that MARPAT's affilation with Van Nevel will help both of us to survive in todays market. With the cost of fuel and insurance going up everyday, it's getting very hard to keep the head above water. So, in conclusion, jessie28, come see us.

Bossman,

That is so much nicer than I would have put it to this Jesse character! You show excellent restraint.

Good luck with the bird.

BTW, are you getting VN-1100's or FH-1100's?

Bossman,

That is so much nicer than I would have put it to this Jesse character! You show excellent restraint.

Good luck with the bird.

I second that. You definitely took the highroad on this one.

Bossman,

Good luck with the bird.

We are getting a refurb FH1100. Van Nevel needs to sell a few more of these before he can afford to go into new production. We hope to help him reach new production by mid 2009.

bossman

• 1 month later...

I was just wondering, its April 17th. How did that first helicopter do? You should have had it for a while now and I was wondering how you like it?

I was just wondering, its April 17th. How did that first helicopter do? You should have had it for a while now and I was wondering how you like it?

Picking it up next week. Engine shop delay. Tracked and balanced great. Governor not coming up to specs. Van Nevel says it will be ready Tuesday. My pilots loved the machine. They said that the factory was an great facility, inside. They think George needs to do some yard work outside. We believe that the VN1100 is going to do well. George says that if he gets 5 confirmed orders he will start the manufacturing of the VN1100. We are going to help him make that happen. Signed the paperwork to become the distribution, training, and service center. Building a new hanger for the 1100's. Going to take one to the AOPA fly in. Will be taking to Homer Bell get together in Ohio. Gearing up to make all the fairs and festivals that we can. I think that we have two, possibly three, already sold. Of course until the money hits the table you never know.

How much will a VN 1100 be?

Not really sure if we have a firm number, yet. It looks like it's going to be about the $950,000.00 mark. Trying to keep it under a mil and if things don't continue to go up, we may be able to.

Mike

Guest pokey
it's going to be about the $950,000.00 mark. Trying to keep it under a mil

YIKES ! @ under a million ! ! :o the 1100's old nickname: "poor man's JetRanger" i guess that makes me welll below even "sub poor" :angry:

Picking it up next week. Engine shop delay. Tracked and balanced great. Governor not coming up to specs. Van Nevel says it will be ready Tuesday. My pilots loved the machine. They said that the factory was an great facility, inside. They think George needs to do some yard work outside. We believe that the VN1100 is going to do well. George says that if he gets 5 confirmed orders he will start the manufacturing of the VN1100. We are going to help him make that happen. Signed the paperwork to become the distribution, training, and service center. Building a new hanger for the 1100's. Going to take one to the AOPA fly in. Will be taking to Homer Bell get together in Ohio. Gearing up to make all the fairs and festivals that we can. I think that we have two, possibly three, already sold. Of course until the money hits the table you never know.

Bossman, very much looking forward to seeing the ship at Homer's. I attend this event every year and have been interested in the 1100 for a while. Best of luck with your endeavor.

Bossman, very much looking forward to seeing the ship at Homer's. I attend this event every year and have been interested in the 1100 for a while. Best of luck with your endeavor.

Hey flylow,

We go to Homer's every year and take the Huey and whatever else we can. Come over and introduce yourself. Be glad to meet you.

bossman

• 2 weeks later...

Just curious, delivery was suppost to be the first week of April, then the middle of April, now its the beginning of May. Did you ever get the bird? How's it doin?

I looked up the TCDS on the FAA web site and it indicates they don't have a "Production Basis" so they have to have FAA permission for each aircraft they build. With the problems they are having with the FAA, that doesn't seem like a good situation to be in. Could that be the problem or is the one youre getting a used one instead of a new one?

I also talked to the FAA to see what their web site meant by FH1100 having PMA to make parts according to a drawing list with a "V". They told me there is only 4 part numbers they have PMA for! Doesn't sound like they have the ability to make new helicopters to me. Just wondering if anyone has seen their drawing list to see how many parts these guys can actually make?

Just curious, delivery was suppost to be the first week of April, then the middle of April, now its the beginning of May. Did you ever get the bird? How's it doin?

I looked up the TCDS on the FAA web site and it indicates they don't have a "Production Basis" so they have to have FAA permission for each aircraft they build. With the problems they are having with the FAA, that doesn't seem like a good situation to be in. Could that be the problem or is the one youre getting a used one instead of a new one?

I also talked to the FAA to see what their web site meant by FH1100 having PMA to make parts according to a drawing list with a "V". They told me there is only 4 part numbers they have PMA for! Doesn't sound like they have the ability to make new helicopters to me. Just wondering if anyone has seen their drawing list to see how many parts these guys can actually make?

We just got our first machine yesterday. It is a refurb and not a new one. The delay has been with the engine shop in Texas. It has a puff of smoke problem on shut down. Not to worry, we'll fix it. Purge valve or a seal.

You are correct in the FAA permission for each new aircraft. George will not produce new until he has 5 confirmed orders. We are going to help him acheive that goal. Everything he is doing right now is 0 time refurbs.

They can manufacture all the parts that are specific to the FH1100. That is not too many. Most parts are already found out there on other helicopters and are the industry norm. They are setting up to be able to make the main rotor blades. The jigs and drawings have just recently been purchased from the previous owners. That's the only thing that cannot be made new at this time.

The engine is the C20B. The accessories are all used on other C20B's.

The STC for the new nose is in place. He has a couple already with the new nose. Ours has the old rounded nose. Looks a lot like a R44 in the front.

My pilot that flew it from Florida liked the machine. He said it took a very light touch on the controls with the dual hydralic systems. Needless to say, the first couple of pick-ups are a little shakey. All in all, I think we will enjoy the FH1100. We'll see.

Mike

Congrats on the new bird Bossman, I've been following you and and Van Nevel for some time and I'm very happy to see everything pulling together. I think the FH100 will be a great acft.

Joe took a couple people to Bel Terra Indiana this morning and they're going to the Kentucky Derby, also. So far the ship is doing fine (knock on wood). We've got students chomping at the bit to get started. Cell phone tower survey people and of course our pipeline patrol.

bossman,

Got any pics of your new ride to show us? I had a chance to see one up close many years ago (I think the reg was N4034W)...nice black and silver scheme. Also, will you be putting videos of your new machine online? Would like to hear the sounds of the blades at full power :D

bossman,

Got any pics of your new ride to show us? I had a chance to see one up close many years ago (I think the reg was N4034W)...nice black and silver scheme. Also, will you be putting videos of your new machine online? Would like to hear the sounds of the blades at full power :D

It has not been on the ground long enough for any pictures since it arrived day before yesterday. We'll be taking it to the AOPA fly in and to the Sporty's fly in. Probably take the Huey to Sporty's, too. One of our customers just acquired a BO105 that we'll be crewing for him. We'll try to take it to Sporty's also.