Viable career

I'm 32 married and live in Atlanta GA. What I want to know is if getting a license and going at this full force will give me a good career. Of course the guy who would be my instructor is all gung ho and thats good but I want to hear from people that live, work ,and breath in the field and who do not have flight instructor as their main job title.

I know you can get loans for the school but I want to be sure that I can get a job (I know flight instructor comes first to gain hours, but after that) when I am finished with the training. I don't want to be stuck with a giant loan and no options.

Any help would be great.

If you have a positive attitude, patience and a willingness to keep learning, the industry, in my opinion, will be quite viable. Keep in mind the first few years may not be glamorous or bring the $$ that you might be used to, but persistence, good personal atributes and networking will likely 'land' you a great position, and eventually you would have the control to determine the compensation/job/aircraft/location that you want. If you haven't done so, read VRs training info and from some other sites as well to get a better perspective on what you can expect.

-WATCH FOR THE WIRES-