SSH VP Anouncements

arotrhd

OK, so I just read in Rotorhub that SSH has announced another 5 VPs - Maint, Alumni Relations(?), Comm Ops, Parts & Acq., and Corp. Business Dev't. I have no issues with a properly structured organization, but between VPs, directors, managers and other staff promotions that have been made public (21+ by my count) that have occured just in the first half of 2007... No disrespect intended, but IMHO this seems like a reformulated mid 90s dot-com business recipe that is way too top heavy with only one end gain for the few (if I recall correctly, JA stated that SSH will be a Billion $ company shortly and what better way for him to get his personal AW 139). I have to ask the rhetorical question, but who is currently underwriting the operational finances?

Hmmm, just a few more VPs and can anybody say IPO? :blink: :lol: :lol:

Knowing a couple individuals who have signed on with them in for executive posts, I sincerely hope SHH will let them make a difference and help the organization move from controversy to something that brings the entire helo industry some positive exposure. Will we witness progress or a train wreck?

-WATCH FOR THE WIRES-

OK, so I just read in Rotorhub that SSH has announced another 5 VPs - Maint, Alumni Relations(?), Comm Ops, Parts & Acq., and Corp. Business Dev't. I have no issues with a properly structured organization, but between VPs, directors, managers and other staff promotions that have been made public (21+ by my count) that have occured just in the first half of 2007... No disrespect intended, but IMHO this seems like a reformulated mid 90s dot-com business recipe that is way too top heavy with only one end gain for the few (if I recall correctly, JA stated that SSH will be a Billion $ company shortly and what better way for him to get his personal AW 139). I have to ask the rhetorical question, but who is currently underwriting the operational finances?

Hmmm, just a few more VPs and can anybody say IPO? :blink: :lol: :lol:

Knowing a couple individuals who have signed on with them in for executive posts, I sincerely hope SHH will let them make a difference and help the organization move from controversy to something that brings the entire helo industry some positive exposure. Will we witness progress or a train wreck?

-WATCH FOR THE WIRES-

My money (poor choice of words) (pardon the pun) is that they are going to go public and are probably in their SEC mandated quiet period. They are setting up the top heavy organization to meet the expectations the average wall street investor has of a public company. Your right, this similar to what a lot of companies did during the dotcom days (I took two to market). This is a way to keep the company in the news. Someone is going to make a lot of money off this (probably Jerry) but in the end it will be the investors holding the bag. This is a common exit strategy for company management. This will be a penny stock in no time. You can bet I won’t invest a dime in them. I feel bad for the poor smucks who invest in his hype of the industry. Unfortunately he will be long gone by the time investors start to question the rosy picture of the rotorcraft industry SSH portrays.

Permison

This is not a long term company. They are acquiring other businesses, but not putting the SSH name on them. Either they want to avoid the stigma or they are getting ready/keeping ready the ability to sell in pieces. I agree they are probably positioning for going public. Another reason to keep acquisitions as subsidiaries, to show adequate holdings. Do not expect it to last long after IPO.

My money (poor choice of words) (pardon the pun) is that they are going to go public and are probably in their SEC mandated quiet period. They are setting up the top heavy organization to meet the expectations the average wall street investor has of a public company. Your right, this similar to what a lot of companies did during the dotcom days (I took two to market). This is a way to keep the company in the news. Someone is going to make a lot of money off this (probably Jerry) but in the end it will be the investors holding the bag. This is a common exit strategy for company management. This will be a penny stock in no time. You can bet I won’t invest a dime in them. I feel bad for the poor smucks who invest in his hype of the industry. Unfortunately he will be long gone by the time investors start to question the rosy picture of the rotorcraft industry SSH portrays.

Permison

What do you or anyone see/think is wrong in investing with the stocks or whatever and let it run up a bit and sell off and make a profit on his going public? I am genuinely interested in opinions and reasons. I have been thinking about this and the thought of my being wise with my money and making an investment that I know for a while after he goes public will make money and then selling out is smart thing to do with my money, despite what I feel about J.A. and SSH. I am not sure though so any thoughts are welcomed.

What do you or anyone see/think is wrong in investing with the stocks or whatever and let it run up a bit and sell off and make a profit on his going public? I am genuinely interested in opinions and reasons. I have been thinking about this and the thought of my being wise with my money and making an investment that I know for a while after he goes public will make money and then selling out is smart thing to do with my money, despite what I feel about J.A. and SSH. I am not sure though so any thoughts are welcomed.

I don't think there is anything wrong with investing in stocks early and getting out early. I do it all the time. In this case I think doing it would be detrimental to the industry. Believe me; we could both make money short term with investing in this and getting out early. Jerry is if nothing else a great salesman. And I think he will tell a great story which will lead to a lot of investment in his company.

However given what we know about Jerry's tactics I think this could cause problems in the industry, with unrealistic growth and revenue expectations. Think of it this way, if you knew about Enron before everyone else, would you want to profit on it. There will be a lot of unknowledgeable investors who will not do the due diligence that needs to be done when investing who might get hurt by this. I have little sympathy for them but I don't want to profit from their misery.

Think of it this way, if you knew about Enron before everyone else, would you want to profit on it. There will be a lot of unknowledgeable investors who will not do the due diligence that needs to be done when investing who might get hurt by this. I have little sympathy for them but I don't want to profit from their misery.

Good point.

Still not decided though, if I could relieve some of the burden having a disabled wife places on this lower wage career I've chosen....... hmmmm, still need to really think this over more.

Still on the fence and welcome more opinions from all.

Good point.

Still not decided though, if I could relieve some of the burden having a disabled wife places on this lower wage career I've chosen....... hmmmm, still need to really think this over more.

Still on the fence and welcome more opinions from all.

Ohh...this is not the career that builds a good supportive family life. I feel for you. I have one friend who flies a corp jet that is on his 8th marrige. I can't imagine doing this with someone who needs constant care. I wish you well with both tasks.

Ohh...this is not the career that builds a good supportive family life. I feel for you. I have one friend who flies a corp jet that is on his 8th marrige. I can't imagine doing this with someone who needs constant care. I wish you well with both tasks.

Thanks! My wife is great and I gave her every possible scenario I could read about and could possibly think of as to how our life would be for the first few years to try and talk her out or give her an out and she still wanted me to go for it. I am a blessed man.

Hmmm, just a few more VPs and can anybody say IPO?

A public offering of stock is highly unlikely. SSH's story...the McDonalds of helicopter flight schools...would not stand up to the due diligence scrutiny required for an IPO. They may, though, be pursuing private equity. The investors are pretty trusting (read that as dumb) and there are plenty of advisors that are unscrupulous enough to sell an investment in this company just to get the fees.

SSH is probably going to have to get new money from somewhere because if the lenders, as a result of the sub-prime mortgage debacle, begin to tighten up on unsecured loans SSH source of new money (new student loan advances) will begin to dry up.

An investor would have to be pretty naive to put money into this company (their announced "Vice President" promotions are all light-weights with little experience) but, there's a lot of dumb money getting into private equity deals now and that's basically what SSH thrives on...i.e., dumb money.

(their announced "Vice President" promotions are all light-weights with little experience)

I have to disagree that they are all light-weights: Randy Rowles, for example, has some damn fine credentials and experience. Perhaps a little too generalized statement.

-WATCH FOR THE WIRES-

A public offering of stock is highly unlikely. SSH's story...the McDonalds of helicopter flight schools...would not stand up to the due diligence scrutiny required for an IPO. They may, though, be pursuing private equity. The investors are pretty trusting (read that as dumb) and there are plenty of advisors that are unscrupulous enough to sell an investment in this company just to get the fees.

SSH is probably going to have to get new money from somewhere because if the lenders, as a result of the sub-prime mortgage debacle, begin to tighten up on unsecured loans SSH source of new money (new student loan advances) will begin to dry up.

An investor would have to be pretty naive to put money into this company (their announced "Vice President" promotions are all light-weights with little experience) but, there's a lot of dumb money getting into private equity deals now and that's basically what SSH thrives on...i.e., dumb money.

I would buy in to that theory. Lots of stupid people in private equity.