"Cleared into Class Bravo"

in one post your simply stating "radar contact" means a pilot is granted approval to enter class "B" airspace. That statement is wrong.

now you've layed out a completely different senario where you've stated your intentions to the controller upon initial contact and at that time the controller becomes aware of your request to enter class "B" airspace, then radar indentifies your aircraft with the knowledge YOU HAVE Requested permission to enter class "B" airspace. You've made it clear to the controller of your intentions and as such he facilitated your request.

Two completely different senarios, resulting in two completely different answers.

is there a reason you didn't state your request on initial contact? Doing so would reduce both pilot and controller workload and free up the frequency for other pilots to use in an already busy class "B" airspace.

again I ask the question that you didn't answer - what does the PC/G say that the words Radar Contact mean ? (hint I already posted it once)

also please show me any FAA reference that validates what you say it means.

So you can thump your internet chest all you want, like I said it happens in real life all the time. Some controllers GASP actually know what the PC/G says radar contact means. :)

Thump _ Thump - Thump :D

Here's why YOUR confused concerning the defenition of "Radar Contact"

a: referes to radar indentifing an aircraft "between the "Pilot" and "Controller"

b: referes to radar indentifing an aircraft between "two controllers"

RADAR CONTACT-

a. Used by ATC to inform an aircraft that it is identified on the radar display and radar flight following will be provided until radar identification is terminated. Radar service may also be provided within the limits of necessity and capability. When a pilot is informed of "radar contact," he/she automatically discontinues reporting over compulsory reporting points.

(See RADAR CONTACT LOST.)

(See RADAR FLIGHT FOLLOWING.)

(See RADAR SERVICE.)

(See RADAR SERVICE TERMINATED.)

(Refer to AIM.)

b. The term used to inform the controller that the aircraft is identified and approval is granted for the aircraft to enter the receiving controllers airspace.

• Like 1