Transformers

Sparker

So we rented Transformers and I have to say I really regret not seeing it in the theater. I don't know much about certain accuracies, but the movie starts out with two ospreys carrying some troops to a base, pretty cool seeing those things in a video that wasn't all chopped up and grainy.

Then one of the decepticons as posing as a mh-53 came to the base and it was so awesome when it changed over and started blowing the piss out of everything!!!

The stupidest part was when the two helicopters shot grapple hooks at one the Transformers and pulled him to the ground. That thing would rip those birds right out of the sky. lame.

All in all it was definitely fun to see all the cool aircraft they had in the movie. My friends called me a nerd for knowing what the Osprey were.

So we rented Transformers and I have to say I really regret not seeing it in the theater. I don't know much about certain accuracies, but the movie starts out with two ospreys carrying some troops to a base, pretty cool seeing those things in a video that wasn't all chopped up and grainy.

Then one of the decepticons as posing as a mh-53 came to the base and it was so awesome when it changed over and started blowing the piss out of everything!!!

The stupidest part was when the two helicopters shot grapple hooks at one the Transformers and pulled him to the ground. That thing would rip those birds right out of the sky. lame.

All in all it was definitely fun to see all the cool aircraft they had in the movie. My friends called me a nerd for knowing what the Osprey were.

Yeah my wife was questioning my comments too. Till I showed her some things online and in books. I too get those comments for know what the Osprey is. And again show 'em online and then they believe me.. lol

• 7 years later...

Query

What movie has the best helicopter scene(s) in it?

The opening scene to Uncommon Valor was stirring. And, authentic according to my father, a former Vietnam LRRP. For some reason the helo scene in The Secret Life of Walter Mitty really touched me. The scene had the perfect song for it. It made me feel like the first time I pulled pitch solo and charged the runway.

The Mi-24 scene could have been longer in Charlie Wilson's War. I love HINDs. I'd pay a million bucks to fly up front in the gunner/co-pilot cockpit and perform a gun run on some old junkers & water barrels.

I wish I could find the old Russian film I once saw in Russia that had excellent footage of a Kamov KA-50 flying & fighting.

• 4 weeks later...