R22 R44 Ferry Pilot - Getting into it

I need to get some more hours CC for my ATP and would like to do some more ferry flights. I have ferried aircraft from Miami to St Louis and would like to get into it more. I have about 450 R22 hours, about 650 300CBI hours, and about 100 R44 hours and am currently a practicing CFI/CFII. How do you make contacts to do more ferry flights?

Thanks for any advice

Mark

I need to get some more hours CC for my ATP and would like to do some more ferry flights. I have ferried aircraft from Miami to St Louis and would like to get into it more. I have about 450 R22 hours, about 650 300CBI hours, and about 100 R44 hours and am currently a practicing CFI/CFII. How do you make contacts to do more ferry flights?

Thanks for any advice

Mark

Hey, OT here, I thought I'd asked before, and I searched but could not find, what does ATP stand for again????

Thanks.

• 1 month later...

Try making contact with aircraft dealers and ask them what you need to do to get a recommendation from them. You can also place ads in aviation related classifieds.

When you get a satisfied customer ask if they know of anyone else who might need your services. Also try to get an audio or video testimonial from them.

Establish a website (you can have one built for under $100 on rentacoder.com). Put the testimonials on the web site. This will add to your credibility.

When someone hires you to ferry their aircraft they're not worried about how many hours you have. They want to know that you'll get the bird to where it needs to go safely and without breaking anything.

Thanks for any advice

Mark

Muppetdog- you may have a bijillion hours, but you still need to meet Robinsons requirements as a ferry pilot. Check here first . http://www.robinsonheli.com/pdf_files/ferrying.pdf

Goldy

Muppetdog- you may have a bijillion hours, but you still need to meet Robinsons requirements as a ferry pilot. Check here first . http://www.robinsonheli.com/pdf_files/ferrying.pdf

Goldy

Goldy: I thought those requirements were for ferry flights from the factory only? If I buy a ship from a private owner, couldn't I hire any certificated pilot that met my personal requirements to fly it from KAAA to KBBB?

Goldy: I thought those requirements were for ferry flights from the factory only? If I buy a ship from a private owner, couldn't I hire any certificated pilot that met my personal requirements to fly it from KAAA to KBBB?

Yes they are, yes you can, and where the hell is KAAA ?

I just figured if the guy wants to start ferry flying at some point he will pick up a ship from Robinson..and at that point he needs to meet the req's. Besides, not a bad guideline for anyone that wants to do ferry work to follow. I think anyone that wants to ferry an R22 is crazy anyway...but even I would sign up for an R44 any day of the week !

Goldy

Yes they are, yes you can, and where the hell is KAAA ?

I just figured if the guy wants to start ferry flying at some point he will pick up a ship from Robinson..and at that point he needs to meet the req's. Besides, not a bad guideline for anyone that wants to do ferry work to follow. I think anyone that wants to ferry an R22 is crazy anyway...but even I would sign up for an R44 any day of the week !

Goldy

LOL! KAAA to KBBB was my way of saying airport A to airport B.

I wouldn't mind doing ferry time in the R-22, but I would draw the line at 6 hours a day. I have 3 hours logged in the R-44 (1.8 Astro and 1.2 Raven I) and I know exactly where you are coming from.

• 3 weeks later...

One question,

If my boss buys a Helicopter from Robinson and he wants me to ferry it back to our company, do i have to have the FERRY-Flight requirements ?

Or are the ferry flight requirements just for the people, who ferry the R22s and R44s FOR the FACTORY (Robinson) to the person / company that bought the Heli ?

Falko

One question,

If my boss buys a Helicopter from Robinson and he wants me to ferry it back to our company, do i have to have the FERRY-Flight requirements ?

Or are the ferry flight requirements just for the people, who ferry the R22s and R44s FOR the FACTORY (Robinson) to the person / company that bought the Heli ?

Falko

Falko, RHC will not let ANYONE ferry one of their helicopters from the factory unless the pilot meets the RHC requirements.