Robinson Safety Training course

Anyone going Sept 22nd - 26th? I'm hoping to find a female roommate to share expense with. Not sure bunking with a strange guy is the smartest plan.

I have already reserved my room.

KNOW of anyone at your school going during this time period? Heck, even if I can't find a roomy, it'd be nice to have someone to meet up with so I don't feel like a complete dork by myself! :lol:

I can't wait to go. I have heard nothing but great things.

Not sure bunking with a strange guy is the smartest plan.

Could be missing out on the pilot of your dreams.....or you could get a mostly homeless CFI scum..kinda like roulette.

Have fun at the course, its a great couple of days.

Goldy

Could be an exciting week for me, but I'm sure my husband would object. Funny how it works that way. :wub:

Damn husbands.

Pack light into one bag that can fit under the seat of an R44 and they will give you a free ride back to LAX...pretty cool

Aw rats, I'm going In October.

Hey Goldy, When do they take you to LAX? I still need to plan the trip.

Later

Aw rats, I'm going In October.

Hey Goldy, When do they take you to LAX? I still need to plan the trip.

Later

Thursday early afternoon...they shuttle you over in the R44....its a pretty quick 10 min flight, but could save you an hour fighting the 405 freeway.

Thursday early afternoon...they shuttle you over in the R44....its a pretty quick 10 min flight, but could save you an hour fighting the 405 freeway.

What if you are scheduled to fly on FRIDAY??? (which I am). :angry:

What if you are scheduled to fly on FRIDAY??? (which I am). :angry:

I didnt think they scheduled out of towners to fly on Fridays....but oh well. Send an email to the coordinator (dont know who that is anymore) and ask. Also, the helipad for LAX is right next to American Airlines...if that makes a difference.

Nancy Wood, Course Administrator

Robinson Helicopter Company

310-539-0508 ext 151

310-539-7594 (direct fax)

safetycourse@robinsonheli.com

Later

I didnt think they scheduled out of towners to fly on Fridays....but oh well. Send an email to the coordinator (dont know who that is anymore) and ask. Also, the helipad for LAX is right next to American Airlines...if that makes a difference.

All this of course means you haven't rented a car at LAX. I don't want to get too up close & personal with the LA freeway system if I can help it -- did someone mention a shuttle once from the airport down to Torrance?

HVG (going in April)

All this of course means you haven't rented a car at LAX. I don't want to get too up close & personal with the LA freeway system if I can help it -- did someone mention a shuttle once from the airport down to Torrance?

HVG (going in April)

A drive down the PCH is great that time of the year. Especially in a convertible:)

HVG (going in April)

There was a shuttle from LAX to Robinson when I went - I was staying at the hotel closest to Robinson across the street.

Yes, I have already booked that hotel next door to RHC (Ramada Inn).

Interesting note, when I gave the reservation chickie my dates, she said "Oh, you must be with Robinson!". "Uh, yes."

I'll pack super light (I usually do, not one of those "high maintenance chicks"), and hope for a ride. Thanks for the American Airlines tip! I was gonna go for SW Airlines.

And a 15 hour drive to LA area is NOT my idea of "fun".

I HATE driving!!!! If it's more than 2-3 hours...NO WAY!

Hey, maybe I can "butter up" one of the corporate pilots at my airport to take me with him. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..........

It's a lot of fun. The factory tour is amazing. It's bright and clean and the floors are white to reflect the sunlight coming down through the skylights. Amazing how bright it was without any artificial lights. Also, it was fun to watch all the helicopters do autos into the airport. I don't think I saw one do a normal approach. And, if you've never seen a hovering auto from the outside it's incredible to see how much the rotors cone up before touchdown.

One last thing, if you can find out if you can fly in a company ship. That way you can do full downs. When I was there those flying in customer ships couldn't do full downs. Don't know if that has changed. I was lucky enough to fly in a company one.