PrivatePilotTestPrep book

ok, I'm working on the Weight/Balance section.

I got to questions 3729, 3730 & 3731.

These are listed as being "RTC", however, they are, in fact, directly related to Gyroplanes (LAME!).

Will these show up on my PPL exam?

Yes, they're lame. Necessary? Don't know.

Later

I feel your pain buddy, I am studying the same thing. I would highly suggest the ASA practice software. I was using mywrittenexam.com for a while but I find their software is quite buggy, and some of the questions are either wrong/outdated. The ASA software is defiantly worth the money for the piece of mind.

I think tatooed is a budette. And yes, sorry to inform those questions can and will show up. My favorite one was related to ground resonance, and I am still looking for the spin up lever in the Schweizer 300. Those questions are best memorized in the event the answers become necessary. Kick assssssss

They might show up. I have gotten airplane questions on written exams before.

I got at least one airplane question on my commercial written. I got a gyroplane specific question too. I agree that the ASA prepware is the best. I used it for commercial, and instrument. All of my studying for the writtens was self-study and that prepware was invaluable.

All of the above is why if you get a 90% on your test, you did a fine job. It is hard to get much better without studying overkill for the test.

In my experience, students worry too much about the written exam and not enough about the oral exam. Study the PTS more than the written, it counts for more real flying... :)

Fly Safe!

I think tatooed is a budette. And yes, sorry to inform those questions can and will show up. My favorite one was related to ground resonance, and I am still looking for the spin up lever in the Schweizer 300. Those questions are best memorized in the event the answers become necessary. Kick assssssss

LOL, I remember that, still don't know what the hell a spin up lever is.

Yes, I'm a "bud-ette" (new term...interesting).

No big deal. I have always been "one of the guys", just with different...uh.....we'll stop there...

As far as study aides, I use http://www.dauntless-soft.com/

I have the written test prep in my PDA, and I can take it everywhere and study when I have time (waiting for people, killing time on breaks).

Been very helpful.

I agree that more time should be spent studying the ORAL material...which I do. I actually have that pretty much down. With the "RideReady" software, I can just about answer every question accurately 95% of the time.

I guess I'm frustrated about WHY non-RTC questions show up on our exam? Is that on purpose? Is that an error in the system?

I can handle styding Gyroplane questions....but NO WAY am I gonna bother with f/w. Ewe. Don't like planes, never have.

They tried to talk me into f/w at my school when I 1st interviewed (cost is much cheaper, and it's easier...that's what they claimed).

No way. Helicopters or nothing.

I am the only girl I know with a helicopter as desktop wallpaper! (Coast Guard Agusta A109.....Mmmmmmmm...purdy).

wgt & balance is wgt & balance, no matter if its gyrocopter, airliner, ultralite, 10 caterpillers on a treelimb, helicopter OR whatever ! no matter how lame it is, its still the same--just learn it :o (10 lame caterpillers?) :rolleyes:

I was reading a post & i think it was Gomer that brought up the subject of adverse yaw in a helicopter,,,,, now IF we knew what adverse yaw was in an airplane?-- we may be able to make some sense out of what his thought behind this statement was. :P (BTW adverse yaw is an "airplane" term EWE !!) :angry:

All in all, what i am trying to say is that any & all knowledge of anything that flies is gonna be of some use "down the road" (airway) ? Keep an open mind ;)

I am still looking for the spin up lever in the Schweizer 300.

I'de venture to guess, that the "spin-up" lever is the old manual clutch lever form the early Hughes days. Actually a lever w/ cable hooked to the belt idler pulley, kinda like the Enstrom system. (B4 Hughes went to the electric acuator)

I am still looking for the spin up lever in the Schweizer 300.

I'de venture to guess, that the "spin-up" lever is the old manual clutch lever form the early Hughes days. Actually a lever w/ cable hooked to the belt idler pulley, kinda like the Enstrom system. (B4 Hughes went to the electric acuator)

IN the case of a gyrocopter tho, I'de guess its the "pre-rotater" lever.

IN the case of an airplane? FULL back elevator & left pedal ! ( right pedal works too, but i am partial to left spins) :D

Haha, I'm so glad I'm not the only one who was filled with contempt every time I worked a gyrocopter question while practicing for the written. Chances are they won't be on your written, but why not cover your bases anyway?

Freakin gyrocopters...... <_<

Edited by ADRidge

I am the only girl I know with a helicopter as desktop wallpaper! (Coast Guard Agusta A109.....Mmmmmmmm...purdy).

Hey, what about me?!! I have an MD520N with a sweet, sweet paint job as my phone wallpaper...it was parked next to my R22 on the ramp. I felt it was an upgrade from the EC135 earlier in the week. ;) Ahhh, those are the good days! My computer wallpaper has an AS350B3 slinging a rack of dog poo barrels out of camp. Kind of a unique application and one of my earliest helicopter experiences. Lol. :P

Back to STARs and Approach plates...

Hey, what about me?!! I have an MD520N with a sweet, sweet paint job as my phone wallpaper

Why am I SOOOOOOO not surprised?

:P

Hey, nice to see you "emerge". CHECK YOUR MESSAGES!!! :D

Make sure you come up for air once in awhile. LOL

Edited by tattooed