Brantlys onsale!

mechanic

Hey guys,

I am flylow on the Brantly Info forum also. I own and train in Brantlys and have done several decent length cross countries in them. I agree they aren't the prettiest, but hard to beat for a personal ship, or even training. I agree with SunHelo guys, autos are a non-event. Handling and visibility are great. Nice baggage area. I'll put some of my videos up on my personal site and post a link.

Hey flylow,

Thanks......

As expensive as the R22 and 300 are getting hourly, let alone the higher training loans interest rates. We need alternatives...... Everyone I've talked to claims that the B2B's are a easy and or dream to fly helicopter. I am thinking that this would be the best option for a primary trainer, being you could get your PPL closer to the 40 hour minimum mark. You could always transition to the R22/44 or 300 for the commercial rating. You wouldn't have to go to the factory school in CA either, like for the Robbie. I feel the Robbie is such a favorite with the majority of schools is because it requires more hours of flight time to meet the standards because it is so sensitive in flight.

So they (robbies) makes more money for the schools because they are cheaper to operate than most other heli's and the school gets to sell more hours because of the sensitivity of the machine to fly to meet the standards. But, if they used a easier to fly heli, the students would still rent the machines after the PPL to build hours by cross country or giving rides to family and friends, which might just bring in more students down the road.

jmho

No offense, but that's one ugly helicopter. If I flew it I would definatley sport some corduroy and maybe a butterfly collar. Price seems decent though.

thats funny ! :lol: I think i would sport a plaid suit, black & white wingtip shoes, brite white bleached shirt & a red bowtie,,, no hat tho (because you must stick yer head in that bubble & its awfully close to the blades) :rolleyes:

Friend of mine that i let him keep his 300 in my hangar & i maintain it for him, is an old Brantly guy from the mid 70's. He is always ranting & raving about how he loved it, he says it flew at least as smooth as his 300, but the maneurvability, & confined area/max takeoff/landing isnt even close to the 300.---at least that's what he says, i never flew one.

When i got out of A&P school, back in 88, they were selling flyable for around 20 thousand,,, i had thought about buying one,,, but found a wrecked 300 & rebuilt that instead.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the link Goldy! Do you know anything about the buz offering the ships? I wonder what the reserve might be, too..

I am going to pass this on to my buddies. Its funny, a SSH's A&P told my A&P buddy to buy a Hiller 12, lol....

Who sells zero timed Hillers for $85,000? Hiller Aircraft use to list the reman's for around $130,000, plus radio's.

United Helicopter in Florida. That eBay link above is the same company.

You guys better not buy any!! I'm might be sending my down payment this week...

United Helicopter in Florida. That eBay link above is the same company.

You guys better not buy any!! I'm might be sending my down payment this week...

I wonder what a B/C is? Is it a B frame with a C powertrain upgrade? Do these guys offer a warranty? Do they find and rebuild or rebuild yours only?

Still 150 g's for a new heli sounds great, B2B.. I like both UH12 and the B2B.

Thanks

I wonder what a B/C is? Is it a B frame with a C powertrain upgrade? Do these guys offer a warranty? Do they find and rebuild or rebuild yours only?

Still 150 g's for a new heli sounds great, B2B.. I like both UH12 and the B2B.

Thanks

Its a C powertrain with a B bubble (a little smaller) but they can install a C bubble in wanted. Not sure about the warranty, they are sending me all the info in the mail this week. They have them in-stock and they rebuild them. The one I'm looking at is about 4 months out, so I can pick interior options, exterior color, skids, etc...

But I also found one close by to me, that only has 10hr SMOH, a little less money, and of course not a 4 month wait.

No offense, but that's one ugly helicopter. If I flew it I would definatley sport some corduroy and maybe a butterfly collar. Price seems decent though.

HA - How True is that!! We had a guy out of Oceanside CA bout 20 years ago that used to use one for a video chase helo for off roaders. While they laughed at him for how it looked, he said he never flew a smoother shi nor one that was as inexpensive to fly.

HA - How True is that!! We had a guy out of Oceanside CA bout 20 years ago that used to use one for a video chase helo for off roaders. While they laughed at him for how it looked, he said he never flew a smoother ship nor one that was as inexpensive to fly.
Fixed it for ya helojunkie!

someday.............................soon. :D

Edited by SunHelo Mark