Helicopter Partnership in Carlsbad California (KCRQ)

I am looking for one or two people interested in going in on a partnership on a used Bell 206 helicopter for personal use.

I am a 20 year fixed wing pilot and flight instructor that has owned five different aircraft over the last 20 years and I currently hold a lease a Cirrus SR22 based out of KCRQ. I have been rotor rated for about 3 years now and am currently working towards my IFR and Commercial certs. I would anticipate my use of the helicopter to be around 100 hours per year based on my current flying habits.

I am looking in the $600K to $1M range with the partners sharing in the fixed operating costs equally (hanger, annual, property tax, etc) and the variable costs (such as insurance based on experience) and fuel based on time flown. Each partner would also share in the pass through loss that I am sure we would see each year.

I am a financially secure homeowner and I would be seeking partners qualified financially to invest in this type of aircraft and envision a cash transaction to minimize any issues with attempting to finance an aircraft operated as a partnership. While not dead set against working with a partner that requires financing, I have learned in past partnerships that financial stability is the glue that creates great partnerships (that and a well laid out LLC and operating agreement)!

I would expect to see and verify your financials as part of this partnership and I would allow the same on my side. As I said above, financial stability is of paramount importance to me for anyone interested in this partnership.

Please feel free to email me at richardjsears@gmail.com or reply here if you are interested.

Thanks and Happy Flying

• 1 month later...

Just thought I would update this thread in case anyone reads it.

I ended up purchasing a brand new R44 Raven II (N4142G).

Right now 42G is equipped with a Garmin 430, Garmin GTX 330 with Mode S traffic, a King KY 196 and a King HSI.

However, I have signed the paperwork to have a King KX165A, Garmin GMA 347 Audio Panel, EDM800 Fuel and engine management system (slaved to the 430 for endurance data), a Sandel SN3500 HSI (both HSIs will slave to either the Garmin 430 or the King KX165), Garmin GMX200 Multifunction display with Traffic from the Garmin 330, XM Weather from a Garmin GDL69A XM Satellite Weather & Radio remote datalink receiver and a secondary remote mounted GPS also tied to the GMX200 in the event the 430 fails.

Needless to say, I think this will be one of the best outfitted Robinson R44s around!

Sounds like you're really enjoying your new bird!

Post a pic of the panel when you get it done!

I am having a great time...I have about 25 hours in it now and I feel like I can actually somewhat fly it! :P

I will post some pics once its all done!!

25 hours in a 44 ? Damn, you can probably land the thing now !!

Yea, I am actually getting OK at the landings. I had a "stage check" with the owner of Civic yesterday and after the check we did a ton of autos. Every kind I could think of and then some more. Everything from "normal autos (is there such a thing...?)) to standing autos from 800 agl and everything in between. Then we did LTE demos, settling with power and left and right cork screws.

I have to tell you, the autos in the R44 are exactly as you described - very gentle and very slow compared to the 300s as I recall them. I had already done auto quick stops and quick stops (about 500 of them it seems) and was thinking that something as big as the 44 would come down real fast, but its seems very docile in the autos. I realize that I need to keep my head about me all the time no matter how simple or easy they seem, but over all, I was quite surprised at how it handled.

I am even able to get it pretty much on the cart each time by myself now. I do have a tendency to land too far back on the cart, but I am getting better at that as well. And I would love to be able to hover better. I still have a lot to learn - I picked up a bunch of books to read (Cyclic an Collective Second Edition, Fatal Traps for Helo Pilots, A mild form of Insanity) and I have long way to go before I "know" how to fly a helicopter, but I am having the time of my life learning!