ps.

Brushfire,

your my hero too. One day I will be just like you.

What happened to your post about bashing BRUSHFIRE21's F'en skull in? That was really foolish on your part! Not only was it criminal, it was stupid. Luckily for you, you have edited your post.

It's apparent that you can not take a joke that started you going off the deep end. This forum is filled with extremely talented and gifted pilots and new pilots. There is no reason for you to be conducting yourself in such a manner. I have never seen anyone act the way you have on this forum. Maybe you don't belong here. Maybe you should find another forum to vent about how important YOU ARE and where others have sacrificed like you...EVERYONE on this forum with a set of wings has sacrificed financially and families to attain their dream.

BRUSHFIRE21 and NORCALHELIKID sacrifice their time and advice on a daily basis to help others attain their dreams of becoming a helicopter pilot. Your childish attacks on them are not warranted or called for.

GROW UP!!!! AND GOOD RIDDANCE!!!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Acting my shoe size? November.....first of all, you dont know what had been said behind closed doors. I have received not so nice PM's from some of the targeted. I didnt start this childish bullsh!t...but of coarse because I am a newbee (just like you were one day) I have to deal with you Mr. Know-it-all bastards who down talk new guys because you have GOD syndrome. Instead of being kind and offering helpful advice, I have get SH!T for being new. I came to this site to get some help and what do I get in return????? I get vague answers to my more than direct questions and made fun of by the "experienced pilots". And then I try to stand up for myself and throw a blow back and I get ridiculed for that as well by you. Thanks guys, I have learned C0CK from this website. You wont see any posts from me here again. i am sure I won't be missed. Please remember to leave more dumb comments after this one to point out how childish and dumb I am.

By this response, you soaked in absolutely nothing of what I said in my post. I would highly recommend that you refrain from any further use of alcohol or any other mind altering substances and read what has been posted for the benifit of the education of the gray matter between the hearing recepticals that were given to you during the passage through the portal that brought you into this realm of reality.

If you are unable to comprehend this realm for which you have tried so hard to understand as to what it takes to involve yourself in this realm then I would highly recommend that you find guidence in a matter that would better suit your mind set.

this field of work is a passion not some whim of "I want to try this" are you getting this signal between those hearing receptors you were given at birth?

I can't give you much detail about Bristow-New Iberia school itself since I won't start until March. But I have lived in South La. most of my life and you will save money on cost of living. Gas is usually cheaper than national average. Housing and taxes are much cheaper than alot of places around the country. The food in the city of Lafayette is second only to N.O. in the nation and IMO is better w/ the only exception being the high priced restuarants. As a student you probably won't be dining in any of those anyway. If you don't mind a cajun accent you will find that there is something to southern hospitality. (Besides crawfish season just started) :D

Joe Sheeran seems to be a great guy he answered all my questions and after the SSH fiasco, I had alot of them. CFI's that I met seemed very profesional.

Good luck finding a school.

I've been at Vortex (now Bristow New Iberia, aka Bristex) since August, and I don't think I'd go anywhere else. Overall the caliber of instruction is second to none. The old Vortex way of making a pilot into a CFI is still around, which is nice. You don't get your CFI ride if you're not worthy, which is how I think it should be. The food in Lafayette is pretty good and there are about ten really awesome places to eat in New Iberia, but you won't be living on take-out, generally.

Joe really is a stand up guy, in my opinion. He's helping me with some fairly complicated FAA stuff on his own time, stuff he could have just said he was too busy to help with, not to mention he's a first class pilot. I haven't flown with him yet, but everyone who does says that an hour with Joe is like two with anyone else.

Do some research. If you can't drive out and see em, call them. Email them. Fax em if you have to, but get the pertinent info regarding price, whether they're part 141 or not, how many ships, CFI's, students there are, how many flying days per month on average, etc. That last one is a big one. What good is a school with 18 helicopters if it rains every day? If you want more in depth info about Bristow New Iberia, IM me.

Make your phone calls. My name is Lee Avalon. Call every school in the USA. I kindly asked norcalkid to stick to the topic I STARTED and to be serious after his first joke.... and he continued his bullsh!t. I am really stressed out about my future unlike you. You don't know my situation right now, you dont know anything about me. I am trying to get info as fast as possible so I can get out of my current situation. And to be honest, I really don't don't give a rat's A55 about you, your friend norcalkid or the phone calls you can make. Make em!

ps. Nice threat. Anyone who would judge me from a Post on a website is just as big a tool as you are.

Man, if you're this stressed already, just wait until you're trying to fly a helicopter. I'm dead serious about this. If you want to worry about things, then worry about em. I personally only worry about the stuff that is directly under my control. SLM won't give you enough money up front? Cool, fly your current loan out and try to get another. I don't have a loan personally, but I know tons of people who do, and thats generally what they do, to my understanding.

Find a school, do a demo ride, ask about ten more questions than you think you should and lighten up. There will be enough stress in your life, man.

Very interesting that VEGA pulled / deleted / edited his posts and changed the name of the thread on on Helicopter School Surveys about 20 minutes ago. Its a little late to try and hide the dead bodies hidden away. Things that make you go hmmmmmm

PS VEGA, the nicely written book that you are pasting into each post may be copyrighted by the original author. DO you have permission to paste it here?