Absolute BEST Video of

I came across this today, and it is the absolute BEST video I have ever seen of Schweitzer aerobatic maneuvers.  Great examples of some of the maneuvers you just can't (shouldn't) do in a 2-bladed system.  Totally awesome pilot skills...

:thumb:  :bowdown:  :bowdown:  :bowdown:  :thumb:

http://libra.technology.users.btopenworld.com/DRKJ2002.WMV

Wow.

Great video, but it shows how brain-washed we become. The whole time I'm thinking, Dynamic Rollover ... LTE ... Low G Situtation ... :laugh:

Thanks, Mr. Rick-stah.

The pilot in question is Dennis Kenyon.  I'm told that he is one of the best helicopter display pilots in the UK.  He's an ex-RAF Squadron Leader, and he's been displaying for years.

Meaning, he's had years of specialized training and worked his way to this level slowly... over time.  Since he's still alive, he must be doing something right!  Even if I had thousands of hours, I wouldn't try it.

Dennis Kenyons' son was killed when a H-300 he was flying came structurally unglued.

:unclesam: Pierre is in Northern Quebec and was unable to send in a picture of himself.

• 3 months later...

Dennis Kenyons' son was killed when a H-300 he was flying came structurally unglued.

:unclesam: Pierre is in Northern Quebec and was unable to send in a picture of himself.

Lu,

This is an interesting trivia / sad note about his son, but (a) it has nothing to do with his dad's expertise and (B) the structural failure you mention was due to an improper weld repair (see http://www.dft.gov.uk/stellen....9.pdf). Also, the design of the part that failed was changed and 269C ships that have serial numbers > 500 have the new design.

I make this post lest some folks become unduly leery of the 300 model... I have enjoyed your posts here and elsewhere over the last few years but I must comment that this one was needlessly inflammatory.

The 300C is a slow boat but so far it's my favorite piston helicopter.

cheers,

Dave Blevins

To: Dave Blevins

I added that post for the edification of those that had not followed the Dennis Kenyon thread on PPRuNe and not to frighten those that fly in the H-269 series.  I used to work at Hughes and I marveled at the  structural integrity of the 269s during their construction and, I still marvel at the static mast on all of the Hughes designs.

:unclesam:  :clown: This is Pierre.  He is elated as he just passed his ATPL-H test.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...