First year pay average

ozie

I'm just starting my training, and I know when I'm done I will need to relocate to find a job. I have a wife and 3 kids, and was wondering what an avg pay for just starting out after all the ratings? My wife works in a Hospital, so she will have to quit when the time comes. Thanks.

ozie

I'm just starting my training, and I know when I'm done I will need to relocate to find a job. I have a wife and 3 kids, and was wondering what an avg pay for just starting out after all the ratings? My wife works in a Hospital, so she will have to quit when the time comes. Thanks.

ozie

What school are you training at? Have you asked the instructors there what they get paid?

Flight instructor pay is all over the place, from as little as $10/hr per hour of flight time, to a salary of $40K+ (those on the high end are rare however)

Beyond flight instruction, $48K is a good starting point, if you're willing to work in the Gulf of Mexico and be away from your family every other week (but commuting costs are up to you). Las Vegas is another option, tours are an easy way to build time, if you're ok moving there.

Beyond that, the options are limited, until you have 1,500 to 2,000 hours of helicopter time, 500 to 1,000 of it turbine time. Even then, a lot of jobs are in the $45K to $55K ballpark after that point.

Have you looked at the job postings on this web site? If not, you should...

Fly Safe!

What school are you training at? Have you asked the instructors there what they get paid?

Flight instructor pay is all over the place, from as little as $10/hr per hour of flight time, to a salary of $40K+ (those on the high end are rare however)

Beyond flight instruction, $48K is a good starting point, if you're willing to work in the Gulf of Mexico and be away from your family every other week (but commuting costs are up to you). Las Vegas is another option, tours are an easy way to build time, if you're ok moving there.

Beyond that, the options are limited, until you have 1,500 to 2,000 hours of helicopter time, 500 to 1,000 of it turbine time. Even then, a lot of jobs are in the $45K to $55K ballpark after that point.

Have you looked at the job postings on this web site? If not, you should...

Fly Safe!

I will be taking my lessons at a school in Southwest Virginia. Thanks for the info. it helped in some decision making.