Cost of flight instruction

Hi, I'm an assistant to an attorney. We represent an experienced heli pilot who works in local law enforcement. For purposes of our case, we're trying to find back-of-the-envelop costs for additional certificates for our client, including the cost of flight time.

Client currently has commercial and CFI ratings. The ratings in question include:

• Aviation Safety Certificate, obtained from a United States Military Aviation Safety School, other accredited higher education institution
  • Functional Check Pilot
  • IFR
  • Instrument Rating Instructor

We're just looking for ballpark figures at this point for our own purposes, nothing that would be used at trial. Are we talking about mid 6 figures? Into 7 figures? I assume flight time will be the biggest cost. Obviously costs will vary depending on local prices, and the flight hours would depend on the student's progress. I did a little searching and couldn't find much, please let me know if there are other resources I should check.