Army Heli career

Hello all,

I am new to this forum but have enjoyed reading the postings for quite some time. I have 9 years active duty (CH)Air Force and looking to go Blue to Green. Is there anyone out there that has done the same? I am curious as to how many hours you annually fly as an Army Aviator, the ratings received and how long selection process takes. As far as recommendations, I have a 3-star Gen willing to right any type of recommendation need, along with several Colonels. Is this the type of letters they look for in WOFT package or should I go another route? Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Cheers

Wayne

Wayne,

if you have done 9 years in the AF so far, what is your age?

As for flight hours, it varies soooo much it's not funny. What airframe? Where are you stationed? Are you getting deployed?

As for the LOR's, having a 3Star sign one would be awesome. No Doubt. I THINK that they still want an Army Aviator in there...

When you ask a stranger what your route should be, it's like asking a stranger what you want to drink. The only one that can make that decision is you. As for the Blue to Green. I know many people who switched over from the USMC, USN, USAF, and USCG to fly Army as a Warrant. Some hate it, some love it.

Contact an AD recruiter, they can get the paperwork started for you. And visit the website below.

http://usawocc.army.mil/

Best of Luck,

CHAD

Edited by FLHooker

Hello all,

I am new to this forum but have enjoyed reading the postings for quite some time. I have 9 years active duty (CH)Air Force and looking to go Blue to Green. Is there anyone out there that has done the same? I am curious as to how many hours you annually fly as an Army Aviator, the ratings received and how long selection process takes. As far as recommendations, I have a 3-star Gen willing to right any type of recommendation need, along with several Colonels. Is this the type of letters they look for in WOFT package or should I go another route? Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Cheers

Wayne

Wayne,

I was air force for 6 years...switched over. I love it. 3 star general helped me out. get all the BRASS you can for your letters...as long as the are not generic and they touch on you as an individual you are good to go.

Are you wanting to become an O-grade officer or warrant?

what was your afsc in the air force?

oh never mind i see your a f-16 crew chief...sweet man. get some of them aviators to hook you up.

Edited by ErOk_OnE