• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 arotrhd

arotrhd

VR Veteran Poster

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts
  • Location:UPPER ECHELON OF MEDIOCRITY, Danger close to the Western gateway of the IE - a short launch North of the Orange Curtain
  • Interests:Everyone Home Safely. Always.

Posted 01 June 2012 - 13:20

Haven't seen this posted yet. You guys up in Denver know 'bout this? Not sharing? 'Sup with that?

I'm really happy to read that more individuals with past injuries have an opportunity to get their dreams and goals.

Helileg

-WATCH FOR THE PATTERNS, WATCH FOR THE WIRES-
  • taiffustyk likes this

Guinness (For Strength). Jameson (For Courage). Lex (For The Effort).
- Cap't Carrol 'Lex' LeFon, USN, 1960-2012

Fair seas and Headwinds over the deck, my Friend.

Commit to memory Checklist Items:

#1 ...Whiskey for my men, beer for my horses...
#2 No smoking 8 hours before the flight or drinking within 25 feet of the aircraft.
#3 If it can't be fixed with a hammer, it must be an electrical problem. Bend to fit, dent to match.
#4 I don't care about being right, as long as I prove you wrong.
#5 If you can't have a really good laugh, at least provide an entertaining cry.
#6 What the large print giveth, the fine print taketh away.
#7 Anyone who flies lower than me is a moron, anyone who flies higher is a maniac, any one who flies the same altitude is a threat.
#8 A boy makes his girl jealous of other women. A Gentleman makes other women jealous of a lady.
#9 The other vehicle is my crumple zone.
#10 One of the goals in my life is to be as good a person as my dog already thinks I am.
#11 America has a long history of dealing with those who stomp on rights. There’s the soap box, letter box, ballot box, jury box and the cartridge box for dealing with these sorts.
#12 Passion is what you do when it’s convenient, commitment is what you do when it is inconvenient.
#13 Never argue with an idiot; they bring you down to their level and beat you with their experience.

#14 It is customary caveman tradition to curse inanimate objects after making a mistake that causes injury to self.

#15 History doesn’t always repeat, but it usually rhymes. Tree. Politician. Rope. Some assembly required.

#16 Always plan for the mission as if you are the wetware that others are trying to liquidate somewhere between Destruction Bay and Explosionville.

#17 A goal to easily achieved is often a disappointment.

"I will not turn my clock back. I will be living one hour in the future. I greet you, The People of the Past. Your ways are quaint."

And sometimes, it just has to be said:

"I rode the short bus and I don't remember seeing you on my bus. But you should have been on it."

#2 jjsemperfi

jjsemperfi

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 17:46

Wow, that's really cool. I wonder how far that will go. I had no idea they were doing that down there. So we're not keeping any secrets :) That guy said he would like to fly EMS one day, I wish him well. I just wonder how well he can control that thing, it's hard enough dancing in the wind with your feet, let along your thumb while you're trying to keep that cyclic still. But if they can do it, more power to them!

#3 THE_COYOTE

THE_COYOTE

VR Veteran Poster

• VR Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 95 posts
  • Company working for:Utility Baby!

Posted 01 June 2012 - 18:20

Awesome!
Where the bold will dare, a helicopter will be there!

#4 ridethisbike

ridethisbike

VR Veteran Poster

• VR Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 562 posts
  • Interests:Motorcycles, helicopters (duh), and the great outdoors
  • Company working for:None, Student

Posted 01 June 2012 - 21:27

Innovation at it's finest. Just makes me wonder if other operators are going to be as open minded about hiring someone that has to use one of those...

#5 SBuzzkill

SBuzzkill

VR Veteran Poster

• VR Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,487 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 12:01

I've always wondered why someone didn't do that. Think about remote control helicopters and how much control those guys have with just their thumbs and fingers.

#6 Fred0311

Fred0311

VR Veteran Poster

• VR Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 23:12

Great story except for the reference to the mystical pilot shortage.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Content Spy

PrecisionVRForumGeneral200HeliAviationVRGen200HeliHelmetsBristowGeneral200MaunaLoaSoftwareVRGeneral200ColoradoHeliOpsGeneral200OdysseyGeneral200JR Aviation General 200NFCVRGeneral200