5 replies to this topic

#1 Catch22!

Catch22!

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 03 April 2017 - 19:06

Can anyone please shed some light on the Air Methods
interview process and the best way to prepare? Any advice from someone who has gone through the experience would be much appreciated!

#2 Azhigher

Azhigher

VR Veteran Poster

• VR Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 474 posts

Posted 04 April 2017 - 13:48

Basic airspace weather mins.

Question: If the patient is dying, your med crew is yelling at you to get to a hospital but you think weather might be bad, do you continue?" 

Answer: No.

Question: If the weather looks good but your crew is uncomfortable with (whatever) do you go? 

Answer: No.

Question: Have you ever exceeded a limit, or damaged an aircraft? (reported or not)

Question: Have you ever been asked to compromise your integrity?

Question: Is a hot dog a sandwich? (Ok, you caught me, they didn't ask this)

When I interviewed they said since it was a union job they had a standard interview that they had to do with every applicant, so the interview was catered to the lowest common denominator. 

All they expect you to do is be a safe, honest, competent pilot. They'll teach you the EMS stuff, the part 135 stuff etc... Honestly if you're being interviewed for a base it's probably your job to lose, so don't sweat it.

Good luck, Yossarian. (That's a catch-22 reference, in case you missed it)

#3 Catch22!

Catch22!

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 04 April 2017 - 19:17

Wow, thank you so much for your insight. And of course I got the Yossarian reference! Is there a flight portion of the interview process or is it all verbal?

#4 Azhigher

Azhigher

VR Veteran Poster

• VR Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 474 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 12:33

Wow, thank you so much for your insight. And of course I got the Yossarian reference! Is there a flight portion of the interview process or is it all verbal?

There could be a flight portion but they didn't fly me. I was working at a company flying 130's and had a couple thousand hours between 130's and 350's so I guess they assumed I'd be ok. Another EMS company flew me after the interview and the flight was a normal and steep approach, no radio calls/navigation/anything.

And I pointed out the C-22 reference in case any dunces roll through here  :ph34r:  Can't count on everyone on the forum being such wise and well read individuals such as you and I.  ;)

#5 Catch22!

Catch22!

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 17:07

Excellent. Thank you.
  • Catch22! likes this

#6 Joe85sti

Joe85sti

Student Poster

• VR Member
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 00:22

Excellent. Thank you.

I also have an upcoming interview with AMC, did you have yours yet? If so, any additional info/suggestions?

Edited by Joe85sti, 17 May 2017 - 15:44.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Helmet FX Home 200ColoradoHeliOpsHome200Genesys VR Forum 200HeliHelmets-VR HomeMaunaLoaVRHome200DevoreHome200NFCVRForum200HomeMidwest Helicopter Academy 200 - 2016Able_VRHOme200PrecisionVRForumHome200