UpperLimit2011General_468x60VOLO_VRGeneral468TigerTugsVRForumGen468Helicopter Academy
Photo
- - - - -

IRR to WOFT

WOFT IRR Reserves

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 WilliePete23

WilliePete23

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 15:25

My current situation:
23 year old Army Reservist(Transportation-88N), enlisted when I was 17. I have a 120GT score and a spotless military/civilian record. I served three years, which included a deployment. I requested a voluntary transfer into the IRR in the middle of my contract(6-2) due to employment conflict. I've been a contractor for almost 3 years now and have been living in the Middle East. I have not started my packet yet, just bought the SIFT study guide. I work with some warrants(all ammo), but one was actually the XO at WOCS..not sure how they can help, but they are willing to. I would like to know what I can do in order to transition from here back CONUS and straight to WOCS. Any info on getting prerequisites done while in the IRR and living out here? I don't have a CO or an actual chain of comman since I belong to HRC...any guidance/ advice would be helpful.
  • TeoerryNug likes this

#2 ByteFlighter

ByteFlighter

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • Interests:Happy Hookers, Steel Rain, Black Deaths,
    Tiny Birds
  • Company working for:The Largest Machine on Earth

Posted 05 August 2017 - 14:14

My current situation:
23 year old Army Reservist(Transportation-88N), enlisted when I was 17. I have a 120GT score and a spotless military/civilian record. I served three years, which included a deployment. I requested a voluntary transfer into the IRR in the middle of my contract(6-2) due to employment conflict. I've been a contractor for almost 3 years now and have been living in the Middle East. I have not started my packet yet, just bought the SIFT study guide. I work with some warrants(all ammo), but one was actually the XO at WOCS..not sure how they can help, but they are willing to. I would like to know what I can do in order to transition from here back CONUS and straight to WOCS. Any info on getting prerequisites done while in the IRR and living out here? I don't have a CO or an actual chain of comman since I belong to HRC...any guidance/ advice would be helpful.

Id switch this over to "general military helicopter discussions" as you are posting in the general forum. You'll most likely get a better & quicker answer there.

If you are in IRR, I don't believe you are eligible for WOFT as it is a civilian only program;(Not to say that prior service isn't considered "civilian" in terms of the program) which again, IRR is a grey area that I'm not 100% regarding status. If I were you, i'd contact the WO recruiter for AD/RA soldiers via this link http://www.usarec.ar...ssistance.shtml

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: WOFT, IRR, Reserves

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

HeliHelmetsDevoreGeneral200PrecisionVRForumGeneral200MaunaLoaSoftwareVRGeneral200NFCVRGeneral200Genesys VRForum200_GeneralColoradoHeliOpsGeneral200Able_VRGeneral200PBH_HeliHarbor200_General