Helicopter AcademyVOLO_VRHome200TigerTugsFrasca VRForum468
Photo
- - - - -

The job of the future is here,...better start preparing!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 r22butters

r22butters

VR Veteran Poster

• VR Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,918 posts
  • Location:Pluto,...at least until the next election :) ,...damn the wifi here is unbelievable!
  • Interests:Admiring the city lights and coastal sunsets from a thousand feet,...when I have the dough. :)

,...oh' yeah, and boobs!
    😕+🍟+🚁+🌃=☺
  • Company working for:Just a happy casual renter! :)

Posted 20 November 2017 - 12:43

Start playing with that old toy helicopter, learn how to fix it, and go back to college!

JSfirm
Return to Search
Helicopter Pilot
Yamaha Motor Corporation, USA Napa, California, USA
Position Type: Permanent
Jobs at Yamaha Motor Corporation, USA
ApplyPrintShare
Job Description:
Yamaha has an excellent opportunity for a Helicopter Pilot to join our Unmanned Systems Division in Napa, CA. This role will serve as a pilot for Yamaha Motor Corporate US in unmanned helicopter business for agriculture. The role will provide aerial application services in agriculture primarily utilizing Yamaha unmanned helicopters. The ability to perform maintenance of unmanned aircraft and effectively communicate with customers will also be critical.

Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
Pilot of Yamaha Unmanned helicopters
Perform Unmanned helicopter operations in the agricultural field (planning, spraying and cleanup) including acting as a pilot, visual observer and/or chemical handler
Perform maintenance on unmanned helicopters and other agricultural equipment in Yamaha fleet
Prepare and create procedural documentation for unmanned helicopter operations as they support agricultural businesses.
Assist with research projects related to UAS topics on an as needed basis.
Promote and market Yamahas agricultural services at local trade shows.
Reviews document specifications with customers to ensure final documents clearly and effectively communicate technical information and data.
Meet with customers and potential customers and coordinate schedules to flight operations and demonstrations.

Job Requirements:
Bachelors degree in Aviation related field preferred
Commercial Pilot License
Pest Control Aircraft Pilot Certification/License Preferred
Knowledgeable with RC equipment and operations (helicopters preferred)
2-4 years unmanned helicopter maintenance experience
Must be able to organize, schedule and coordinate work phases and determine the appropriate approach at the task or project level
Current FAA Medical Certification
Strong communicator with excellent verbal, written and presentation skills
The ability to identify issues and develop innovative solutions to a variety of complex technical problems
10% travel required
Reports to: Division Manager, Unmanned Systems Division

Yamaha Motor Corporation, USA is proud to be an equal opportunity employer
Salary Range: Neg-Neg
Relocation:
Travel:
Job Ident #: JSfirm.com
ApplyPrintShare

Company Overview
Yamaha Motor Corporation, USA
6555 Katella Ave
Cypress, California 90630 USA
www.yamaha-motor.com

Yamaha Motor Corporation, U.S.A. is a growing and dynamic organization with superb products that includes motorcycles, outboard motors, ATVs, personal watercraft, snowmobiles, boats, outdoor power equipment, race kart engines, accessories, apparel, a...

The only dream I have left is to live long enough to see the pilot shortage. Its been about fifteen years since they first told me it was coming, so,...

Aaaaaaaany day now! :D

#2 AS350 pilot

AS350 pilot

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 107 posts
  • Company working for:Utility

Posted 20 November 2017 - 14:11

Drones make sense for a few jobs in our industry. Spraying smaller crops is one, news gathering is another, line patrol for powerline or pipeline.....however I don't see them taking over fire fighting (during the day), external load work, EMS, or 135 passengers transportation. I'm sure folks will not agree with me but I definitely don't feel threatened in my line of work.  

#3 zippiesdrainage

zippiesdrainage

VR Veteran Poster

• VR Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts
  • Company working for:AEL

Posted 21 November 2017 - 12:43

I wrote out a really long reply that broke down all of the key aspects and requirements of this job and how they make me feel, but in the end I realized I could instead summarize it all up in a single sentence:

This job sounds terrible.

"A mind that is stretched by a new experience, can never go back to its old dimensions"- Unknown

#4 r22butters

r22butters

VR Veteran Poster

• VR Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,918 posts
  • Location:Pluto,...at least until the next election :) ,...damn the wifi here is unbelievable!
  • Interests:Admiring the city lights and coastal sunsets from a thousand feet,...when I have the dough. :)

,...oh' yeah, and boobs!
    😕+🍟+🚁+🌃=☺
  • Company working for:Just a happy casual renter! :)

Posted 21 November 2017 - 14:42

Drones make sense for a few jobs in our industry. Spraying smaller crops is one, news gathering is another, line patrol for powerline or pipeline.....however I don't see them taking over fire fighting (during the day), external load work, EMS, or 135 passengers transportation. I'm sure folks will not agree with me but I definitely don't feel threatened in my line of work.

Well look at it this way. The more jobs that are lost to drones, means more competition for the ones that are left.

,...and suddenly you need 3000 hours to fly tours for Papillon! :)
The only dream I have left is to live long enough to see the pilot shortage. Its been about fifteen years since they first told me it was coming, so,...

Aaaaaaaany day now! :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

PrecisionVRForumHome200Genesys VR Forum 200Spectrum_VRHome200HeliHelmets-VR HomeMaunaLoaVRHome200NFCVRForum200Home