Organizing for May WOCS Class

Howdy, I'm going to try to get a group chat going to get together the members of our class, hopefully we can share some information and prep in advance for our classes.

I've chosen discord to do this... mostly because its browser based from PC and thus pretty accessible, and has a phone app on both iPhone and Android, so hopefully everyone can get on and communicate

Look forward to seeing y'all there. Link is below, PM me for a new one if it doesn't like working.

https://discord.gg/9BbpHjX

• Like 1

Howdy, I'm going to try to get a group chat going to get together the members of our class, hopefully we can share some information and prep in advance for our classes.

I've chosen discord to do this... mostly because its browser based from PC and thus pretty accessible, and has a phone app on both iPhone and Android, so hopefully everyone can get on and communicate

Look forward to seeing y'all there. Link is below, PM me for a new one if it doesn't like working.

https://discord.gg/9BbpHjX

You should be getting some info regarding a Facebook group to join. Typically how the WOCS classes go.

For civilians I don't think you'll have initial access to Milsuite.

You should be getting some info regarding a Facebook group to join. Typically how the WOCS classes go.

Well Byte, what source should I be getting this from? Forum setup? PM's? Just trying to get ahead when I can.

As a side question, since you hit flight school, I'm wondering if you had any "bridge" reading material to getting into Flight Manual stuff on the TH-67 or UH-72's?

Well Byte, what source should I be getting this from? Forum setup? PM's? Just trying to get ahead when I can.

As a side question, since you hit flight school, I'm wondering if you had any "bridge" reading material to getting into Flight Manual stuff on the TH-67 or UH-72's?

Bridge Mats? No. You can get into the 67s and or 72s manual by reading their civilian counterparts... Though, There are some significant differences. The thing that really gets dicey is to try and retain both frames only to end up with one of them for class...If you want to gamble with favorable odds, pick the UH-72, which in your case would be the EC-145.

Also, If you have prior flight experience as a Civ, I assume it was with steam gauges, at least in my case it was; you should look towards the FAA's Advanced Avionics handbook as you may be a little overwhelmed with the glass cockpit & computerization of a lot of systems. There is a huge emphases on emergency procedures that you will be expected to recite verbatim like the bible.

In short, there are others on the forum who can cite better materials to pick up as I never really got around to it prior to Initial. I focused refreshing up on instrument procedures as I didn't have oodles of civilian hours flying the blind.

As far as the FB WOCS group, I honestly don't remember how I joined specifically. I think I was sent a request from another class mate, but I could of also requested to join.