2 replies to this topic

#1 RJWB

RJWB

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 August 2018 - 09:41

Hello good day1f642.png

I was wondering what the possibilities are and recommendations for my situation as an EASA PPL holder to get my FAA ATPL.

I am a fresh EASA PPL(H) holder with 50 hours. I got my training in the Cabri G2 and I am about to start with my hour building and the ATPL theory. Besides my passion for helicopter flying, I am currently in university studying Aviation Operations in Amsterdam. In September I start my last year in university and from June/Juli 2019 I am willing to move1f642.png.

My thoughts are to do some hour building in The Netherlands and from Juni/Juli move to the US to finish my hour building and get my ATPL. The thing is that I already want most of the theoretical work done before that time. Would like to hear your thoughts.

#2 kiwisfly

kiwisfly

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 August 2018 - 10:39

You will need a commercial certificate and instrument rating first.

find a flight school that provides a visa for you to study (unless you are a citizen or permanent resident).

As far as time building goes...

- 1200 hours

- 500 cross country

- 100 night

- 75 instrument (50 in flight)

Hope this helps.

"Success is no accident. It is hard work, perseverance, learning, studying, sacrifice and most of all, love of what you are doing or learning to do" - Pelé

#3 r22butters

r22butters

VR Veteran Poster

• VR Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,995 posts
  • Location:Pluto,...at least until the next election :) ,...damn the wifi here is unbelievable!
  • Interests:Admiring the city lights and coastal sunsets from a thousand feet,...when I have the dough. :)

,...oh' yeah, and boobs!
    😕+🍟+🚁+🌃=☺
  • Company working for:Just a happy casual renter! :)

Posted 07 August 2018 - 11:54

Well, unless you want to become a flight instructor, the only way I know of to build hours here in the States would be with Boatpix in an R22.
Side boob is just so awesome,...yes it is!

7 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users

702HeliVRFT200JerryTrimbleHeli Aviation FT200Precision_FTForum200Arkansas Helicopters VR FT200Anthelion_VRFTForum200GuidanceVRFTForum200LORD_VRGeneral200UNDVRFTForum200VOLO_VRFT200