First lesson was today!

Ok, I had my first actual flying flight lesson today. Man, what an experience. Much more fun than flying airplanes to me. Here's what we did. Took off from the airport and did some shallow turns. The controls (cyclic) are rather sensitive but got very comfortable with them after a few turns. I think I was more worried about falling out of the helo than anything else. Went back to the airport and did a few hovers, taxis and hover around a point. After I get used to using the collective and throttle at the same time, hopefully it will get much easier for me. All in all, things felt very natural for me. I have flown the flyit simulator several times before getting in the real thing. That has helped somewhat.

Got another lesson at 9am tomorrow morning and can't wait.

Went back to the airport and did a few hovers, taxis and hover around a point. After I get used to using the collective and throttle at the same time, hopefully it will get much easier for me. All in all, things felt very natural for me. I have flown the flyit simulator several times before getting in the real thing. That has helped somewhat.

Got another lesson at 9am tomorrow morning and can't wait.

Man, if you are already practicing hovering around a point I think the FLy It time has been worth it !!!

You should still be in the "I'm just trying to hang onto this thing stage !!!"

Congrats.

Goldy

Man, if you are already practicing hovering around a point I think the FLy It time has been worth it !!!

You should still be in the "I'm just trying to hang onto this thing stage !!!"

Congrats.

Goldy

Thanks. Today was my second day. We did some sideways point to point hovering and a few take off and landings. Great stuff.