Cross Country Hours

bendyheader

Hello all,

I was wondering what constitutes a cross country flight for log book purposes in Canada, I've managed to scrape together a few pic hours and would really like to do my IFR rating but I'm not sure what i can get away with recording in my log book as cross country. Hearsay evidence I've picked up suggests you need to at least land at a different airport than you've taken off from, which, in my helicopter job means that (other than cpl training) I'll have none as I neither take off or land at an airport (I'm in the bush like 90% of helicopter work here). Thinking while writing, this 50 hr requirement seems to be weighted heavily in favor of fixed wing as they can't land anywhere else but an airport!

thanks to those who didn't fall asleep whilst reading this!

Hello all,

I was wondering what constitutes a cross country flight for log book purposes in Canada, I've managed to scrape together a few pic hours and would really like to do my IFR rating but I'm not sure what i can get away with recording in my log book as cross country. Hearsay evidence I've picked up suggests you need to at least land at a different airport than you've taken off from, which, in my helicopter job means that (other than cpl training) I'll have none as I neither take off or land at an airport (I'm in the bush like 90% of helicopter work here). Thinking while writing, this 50 hr requirement seems to be weighted heavily in favor of fixed wing as they can't land anywhere else but an airport!

thanks to those who didn't fall asleep whilst reading this!

Just take a part 141 Inst. course then you wont need the 50 hour xc requirement.

No, Look at your CAR's for cross country ruleing, they are simular to the FAR's but not the same.

If you read the defination of a x-country it just says a different "point" of landing not an airport specificaly. As for meeting any x-country req for a rating though it must be 25NM away to count. I don't have my far/aim with me but it's in the begining of part 61.

Edited by rotormandan