Long Line

RtrCFI

I am new to the operational world, just starting out in turbine tours. (Goodbye Schweizer!!) However, I have my eye on utility work. I read up on OAS, but what else should I be researching? Specifically, when postings specify longline experience (and they all do) how do I START in long line? What job/company might be a good stepping stone?

After a couple of seasons at Temsco they will train you up if they like you. There are also a few utility companies who will hire you for things like powerline patrol and the like and train you up if you work out. Then there is also SIC jobs. Plenty of places to get in the door. Some places will even train you from zero if they are desperate enough or you know someone.

Cheers,

Ya might do a search for the topic. I know I've written a bunch about it. Canook Pilot also - just to reference two.

Good luck - and remember "when your knuckles get white - it's time to get the H*LL out!

gentle winds,

cr