Part 135 requirements

Parafiddle

I have a question about applying FW hours to qualifying for Part 135 RW jobs. According to the FAR (as I understand it), to fly under Part 135 (in IFR), you must have at minimum, a Commercial license with Instrument rating, 1,200 hrs. total time, 500 hrs. cross-country, 100 hrs. night, and 75 hrs. instrument. Can some of these hours have been from FW flight? Obviously, an employer's insurance may have more restrictive requirements (like 1,000 hrs. TT in helicopters). But what if you had 1,200 TT in helicopters, but only 200 hrs X-C or 50 hrs. night in helicopters, but had an additional 400 hrs. X-C and 75 hrs. night in FW? Could your combined times (600 hrs. total X-C and 125 hrs. night) meet the Part 135 requirements?

I have a question about applying FW hours to qualifying for Part 135 RW jobs. According to the FAR (as I understand it), to fly under Part 135 (in IFR), you must have at minimum, a Commercial license with Instrument rating, 1,200 hrs. total time, 500 hrs. cross-country, 100 hrs. night, and 75 hrs. instrument. Can some of these hours have been from FW flight? Obviously, an employer's insurance may have more restrictive requirements (like 1,000 hrs. TT in helicopters). But what if you had 1,200 TT in helicopters, but only 200 hrs X-C or 50 hrs. night in helicopters, but had an additional 400 hrs. X-C and 75 hrs. night in FW? Could your combined times (600 hrs. total X-C and 125 hrs. night) meet the Part 135 requirements?

The FAA doesn't specify the category in the 135 requirements. It has been my experience that as long as flight times meet the reg, they have no problem. The insurance company is a different issue.

The Federal Aviation Regulations, FAR part 135

Has had at least 1,200 hours of flight time as a pilot, including 500 hours of cross country flight time, 100 hours of night flight time, and 75 hours of actual or simulated instrument time at least 50 hours of which were in actual flight; an For a helicopter, holds a helicopter instrument rating, or an airline transport pilot certificate with a category and class rating for that aircraft, not limited to VFR.

I read this as total flight hours. FW + RW = flight time as a pilot.