Jump to content

going out of country


Recommended Posts

Just currious. Have an oppertunity to go to Australia for my current work. Having a PPL when I get there, would it count for anything and would I be able to continue school out there?


Several years ago I got an Australian ATP based on my US certificate and checkride by an examiner and some ground school on the airspace. The Australian FAA is called CASA Civil Aviation Safety Authority. They do have a website www.casa.gov.au. I checked the website and here is what I found:


Go under people and licensing and you will find a section about transferring your certificates. It appears that you will have to have 50 hours of flight time, a class 2 Australian medical and take an air rules exam. Plus pay for the license.


Good luck.

Edited by rick1128
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Create New...