Another question about AG

So I understand that as an AG Pilot one must have a 137 check out and have some kind of ag license or certificate for the state they're in.

What is that ag cert? Is it the cert to handle chemicals? Does is have anything to do with flying with chemicals or are those 2 different certificates.

I've spent some time trying to find the answers but either I have been looking in all the wrong places or I'm not completely clear what I'm looking for.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks,

Dan

You can fly dry fertilizers all you want without anything more than a COMM.

now to do any chemicals U need a applicators License. I got my books at WSU. Agricultural studies being one of there things. and u can take the test there, the test is a real bitch, worse than any test i have taken in aviation. there r 3 books to study.

1 Washington Pesticide laws & safest.

2 Intro to insect & disease management.

3 Agricultural wed management principles.

and U need Ag time doing DRY before u can get insured to do harmful chemicals.

like around 100Hrs of AG work.

You can PM me if you would like but. Im getting real close to my commercial fixed wing and rotorcraft. We operate a ag business right now. As said earlier you don't need to have the applicator license for california unless you want to apply pesticide as they state it. If you want to work in california like I am going to. I took the test with only a private license but they wont release my certificate until I provide a valid commercial cert. I took a cheater class on a monday and they had 99% of the questions and on wednesday I was the first to walk out of the class within 75 minutes. Very easy after that class and got the results and I passed no problem. Let me know if anybody has any questions

You can PM me if you would like but. Im getting real close to my commercial fixed wing and rotorcraft. We operate a ag business right now. As said earlier you don't need to have the applicator license for california unless you want to apply pesticide as they state it. If you want to work in california like I am going to. I took the test with only a private license but they wont release my certificate until I provide a valid commercial cert. I took a cheater class on a monday and they had 99% of the questions and on wednesday I was the first to walk out of the class within 75 minutes. Very easy after that class and got the results and I passed no problem. Let me know if anybody has any questions