Fire fighting in Temcula

About a week ago there was a fire on the hill/mountains literally right next to the apartment I'm staying at here in old town temecula.

Was just wondering if anyone on this forum was on that fire...there were two helicopters (an awesome skycrane) and several planes....one huge one (dunno what type...)

here is a link to some photos/video:

http://www.nowpublic.com/environment/river...ng-roads-closed

JR

About a week ago there was a fire on the hill/mountains literally right next to the apartment I'm staying at here in old town temecula.

Was just wondering if anyone on this forum was on that fire...there were two helicopters (an awesome skycrane) and several planes....one huge one (dunno what type...)

here is a link to some photos/video:

http://www.nowpublic.com/environment/river...ng-roads-closed

JR

First, was it an Aircrane or a Skycrane? Aircrane's are all Orange.....at least the ones around here. Italy has a couple in green but I digress.

The owner where I fly is currently on contract with the Aircrane out of Fox Field on a forestry contract. That may have been him. There is also the dark red Skycrane that came down from up North looking for work....cant remember which outfit that was.

We had a small 200 acre fire last Sunday that I worked. (on the ground). Took a ton of pictures of what I call the "FireDance"....when you mix 4 or 5 fixed wings at 200 feet, throw in 7 or 8 helicopters dropping water, sprinkle in a controller orbiting at 3000 AGL, and then add in a dash of news ships for fun.....its definitely a dance. I have some photos of F/W vs. helo's flying within a few hundred feet of each other, definitely interesting.

If I wasnt going to Kauai in the morning I would take the time to post a few.....maybe when I get back.

Goldy