Fire Dance - Part II ( 'bout books)

(Goldy, sorry to rip off your topic...)

Cruised through Borders last night with wife & 'lil 'rotrhd and came across "AERIAL FIREFIGHTING" by Wolfgang Jendsch, 40$. ~400 pages and heavy - definitely going to get some milage outa this one. Covers ALL types, FW, RW, Domestic/US, Int'l, and has some basic tactics described, accident discussions, history, and best of all LOTS AND LOTS AND LOTS of pictures. Those in the SW will recognize many of the firebases.

For those who are adventurous types and care to explore the FW side of the house with an old aeronautical sage, take a look at FATE IS THE HUNTER by Ernest Gann, $15, a good 3 - 5 sh!tter :o :D read, no pictures (will have to use the movie in the brain thingy). And DO NOT start at the end - this is one of those that the read will be completely ruined.

And now that I'm completely depressed about reading all of the accidents for the last couple of days...

-WATCH FOR THE WIRES-

post-2917-1248493734_thumb.jpgpost-2917-1248493711_thumb.jpg

And now that I'm completely depressed about reading all of the accidents for the last couple of days...

-WATCH FOR THE WIRES-

Nope- rip away

Yes, I guess we have one fewer S61 with a roll over incident last week while filling the tank for another fire attack.

Wasnt fire related, but I was underneath a Sikorsky H3 last Saturday, hovering about 60 feet above me. It was all I could do to breathe, let alone keep the camera from shaking...even with auto stable lenses and all the best digital techology could offer, I could only keep half the shots.

Here's a taste. The rest will be on a magazine cover near you some day !

First one is the H3, the second was me rolling up the highway with the FD and rescue unit in front. Hey, am I half into oncoming traffic lane? Oh well, thats what all the lights are for !

(PS, just hijacked my own thread back!!)

Goldy