Northern Utah flight schools

I hope this is the correct spot to post this.

I am looking at doing an intro flight and starting my helicopter career.

Anybody have any honest pros and cons of some of these schools I have found:

Whirly Bird Helicopters:

Mountain Ridge Helicopters:

Utah Helicopters:

Wasatch Helicopters:

These seem to be the most my type.

Any help is appreciated.

Whirly Bird : Seem to be growing quickly. Talked to them a couple times and they did seem very nice and helpful. But the way they acted, they wanted to recruit students away from other schools. And try and reroute people from other schools websites to them.

Mountain Ridge: Very nice. I trained there and they are very straight forward. Care alot about your finances and trying to get you done in as low of hours as possible

Wasatch : Have not dealt with them very much. Maybe someone else will have some good input on them.

Good Luck

I'll confirm knimer on Whirlybird and Mountain Ridge. I did my private with Whirlybird, then moved to Mountain Ridge. I am working on recruiting and training students for Wasatch at the moment (so consider yourself warned of my bias). I wish I could think of something bad to say about Mountain Ridge, but I really can't ... they have a good program. Of course, Wasatch is top notch as well (possible bias previously mentioned). My advice is to go in and meet with all three, and see which one feels like home.

I guess we left Utah Heli out of the running which isn't quite fair, but I have no knowledge of their program, other than price, and they will be more than the other three you are looking at.

Let me know if you are coming by Wasatch so I can make sure I am there.

Whirly Bird : Seem to be growing quickly. Talked to them a couple times and they did seem very nice and helpful. But the way they acted, they wanted to recruit students away from other schools. And try and reroute people from other schools websites to them.

Mountain Ridge: Very nice. I trained there and they are very straight forward. Care alot about your finances and trying to get you done in as low of hours as possible

Wasatch : Have not dealt with them very much. Maybe someone else will have some good input on them.

Good Luck

Tbabe-

My name is Jason and I did all of my training at Upper Limit Aviation and currently work there as a student coordinator. I can tell you that we are very dedicated to our students success and have some of the best resources currently available to the flight instruction industry. If you would like to give us a call in regards to our training we would enjoy the opportunity to talk to you and answer any questions you may have about flight training and the helicopter industry in general. We are also affiliated with Salt Lake City Community college and currently offer a Rotor-wing degree program as well. There are many benefits associated with this program that I would like to tell you about. Please give us a call at 801-596-7722 and visit our website at www.ulaheli.com

Thanks,

Jason