LAMA SA-315B Private Heliport

Yeah,

winter as arrived and exercices procedures have started

with the LAMA SA-315B SAR CCG in my logbook as pilot in command.

The location is my private heliport behind my home and near my CHL buddy helicopters airbase.

I have 1/2 a miles practice area to do all my flying with the LAMA new design I have created. I

shure enjoy it very much and do that with my buddy instructor that fly with me at time when our schedules permitted. He flies Trex500 on float and the Ecureuil N355 that will be here soon ...

More will be upload here with all sort of scale flying as winter goes.

LAMA SA-315B SAR CCG at her Home Private Helibase:

Visit My Website

168FirstsnowsortieSHOT%20ON%20SITE%20Copyrights%20©2010.jpg

164FirstsnowsortieSHOT%20ON%20SITE%20Copyrights%20©2010.jpg

A video of some hovering exercices into the wind on that overcast morning.

Pay attention to the sound while the main scale rotorhead blades hit the air.

Very realistic ...

Visit My Website

P1087506SHOT%20ON%20SITE%20Copyrights%20©2010.jpg

Very nice! Had me going there for a minute! Thought it was a real bird. Was pretty convinced of it until I went to the web site! lol

Lol,,,

that was the idea Buddy ,,, lol...

Glade you like the photoshoots and the video ...

More on some other sorties that will happen this week by tomorow and friday.

As the weather was crapy for a while here with blowing wind and snow falling.

This thursday and friday should be very nice to do some more exercises with the LAMA.

The temp will be at near 0c degrees on both days and sun should join for those schedule

flying exercices procedures ...

I'll have on those days some of my install colorfull pole to secure flying path sorties area.

And are very easy to sight by my buddies that flies at CHL airbase next to my LAMA homebase.

Yesterday a BELL 406 was doing some hovering over my flying field at about 800fts ASL.

Next time,

I'll wave them to come closer and mite hoverland them as a (LSO) landing signal officer.

The new pics of it on the snow are the most real looking yet.

you have done a great job with it.

just wondering, how long can you fly it on a charge?

The new pics of it on the snow are the most real looking yet.

you have done a great job with it.

just wondering, how long can you fly it on a charge?

Thanks for your comment Buddy,

how's everything coming along on your side of the build with yours?

To answer you on the powerplant flying time,

at this moment the LAMA SA-315B of (10.1/2 pounds) is set for 5 mins hovering flying time.

Doing hover exercices are more demanding on the system and batteries. And as I use

the fully scale rotorhead 3 blades system (MRB-III) it shure is more demanding as battery power goes. But we all know that the LAMA SA-315B is made for lifting, so till now it does the scale replica

as the real LAMA would do as lift power goes. I have also a very powerfull motor plant name (Scorpion) that as high torque specific, and I am very please with that till now.

That motor is much Reliable in anyway as I am planing my scale flying exercices procedure.

As soon as I will go towards foward flight exercices procedures and doing small circuit,

the flying time will probably go up towards a 7 mins flying time logging. As there will be

less lifting energy towards my 3 main rotorhead system and by that action be less demanding on the powerplant Lipo battery. Winter cold temp help to keep everything cool and not over heating.

But the LAMA does very well in the heat summer wave too. Just need to be carefull and take temp of the all systems (Batteries,ESC,motor) everytime you come down. Safer that way and you'll ajust your flying time with the temp results for your next coulpe flights on such a hot day ...

Till now,

when I charge my Lipo battery, I only use half of the power it can deliver and by the same action

have my battery not over heating by that matter. It is a good thing as you never use your Lipo powerplant battery till it is to low. That way you'll have your Lipo battery for a very long time.

When it come to the Lipo charging procedure,

I do it on a slow charge and it takes about 50mins to a hour to have the Lipo's done well that way.

Last longer and reliable at all time with that way of doing.

Hope that anwser your question Buddy ...

And thanks Guy's for your comments on my LAMA.

I shure enjoy doing photoshoot sessions with it ...

On friday of this week,

I mite have my buddy instructor coming with a build helicopter that he as re-done fully scale with alote of detail's and such for a friend of our's. He as been on it for last fiew months and made it as a electric powerplant flying machine.

I will upload the photoshoots of that wonderful Huey Griffon replica from the Canadian SAR unit ...

Till now we are schedule to have the day together ,,, but thing may change ...

Will shure keep you posted on that super Huey coming my way for a visite this week...

You'll see it here on this post soon, and wont regret you have pass by to see it in a

photoshoot scale view as I did with the LAMA SA-315B of my above ...

Lol,,,

that was the idea Buddy ,,, lol...

Glade you like the photoshoots and the video ...

More on some other sorties that will happen this week by tomorow and friday.

As the weather was crapy for a while here with blowing wind and snow falling.

This thursday and friday should be very nice to do some more exercises with the LAMA.

The temp will be at near 0c degrees on both days and sun should join for those schedule

flying exercices procedures ...

I'll have on those days some of my install colorfull pole to secure flying path sorties area.

And are very easy to sight by my buddies that flies at CHL airbase next to my LAMA homebase.

Yesterday a BELL 406 was doing some hovering over my flying field at about 800fts ASL.

Next time,

I'll wave them to come closer and mite hoverland them as a (LSO) landing signal officer.

lol Yeah I know... The photography / videography is good. Reall good... Nice job!

Hey Bud,

glade you like it too.

It was kind of windy that day for the video and my buddy instructor wanted to try is new HD camera he as got him self. Will have many more in the coming weeks and months to show you guy's those scale flying machine that we own proudly...

Just got some rain here now,,, so no flying for today... Grouded helicopter cause of that.

And got a message that my buddy instructor will be working on the ramp on his 2 days off as thursday and friday...

We mite get the chance on sunday or monday,,, but again they are calling for some snow again... Well,,, will see about that in the next couples days.

At the moment it is +1c degrees here, very warm for this time of year. Most of time

in Jan we get those -35c degrees with some major strong wind. Wow, the weather is shure out of mind now ,, lol...

• 2 weeks later...

Was a great,

saturday for my first time flying SOLO hover exercices procedures ...

236SHOT%20ON%20SITE%20Copyrights%20©2010.jpg

Started nice and early saturday as my brother was moving some fourniture

to a cube truck with his 2 buddies towards his new home. After that early physical exercices,

I got going on a great breakfast and coffee to prepare my self for a superb day as the weather

was all nice and blue sky and wind was a breeze and to remain that way all day.

Around 10h30am I got going on the batteries lipos to be re-charge at full range.

Then got to check all my gears and helicopter walk-around was to be done.

After that it was time to go outside and install my flying area zone security poles into the snow .

After all was done,, batteries, helicopter, flying area, got inside to lunch.

Around 13h30 I was all set to go for my first hover flight with the LAMA as solo

with out my buddy chacking my doing. I kept repeating my self,, I'll be okay,

and will go just fine,,, just do your checklists step by step. That little voice was

always keeping saying that,,, lol...

So the time as come to plug my batteries,,, check all mechanical movements and then

it was time to go outside and see how I was going to do with out a instructor beside me.

So got the helicopter LAMA outside the home,,, then the radio TX and install the LAMA on her snow field. Man it was such a nice day. Like the first fiew days of spring. So lucky to have such a day

to be doing my solo ...

Till I got the turbine spining start-up procedures I was all shaking,,, heh,heh,,, but as soon as I did start the motor the shaking when away and I got confident again that all will be going just fine.... And it did as I was planning to do...

Got to Hover exercices ,,, and many helipad approach have been acheived succesfully.

A video still have been done of my approaching helipad procedures,,, and will be load on a later note.

I know, we all need to go solo one day after having lear the ways with a master instructor.

My was last saturday,,, and I am super glade I have done it,,, and well too ...

As saturday I have'nt got the time to do photoshooting still with the LAMA on some other

corner of our propriety, I got going for a hour on some shown here. Now it is pooring rain outside and I am glade I have done a fiew shot's yesterday for the fun of it ...

239SHOT%20ON%20SITE%20Copyrights%20©2010.jpg

Will snow later this week, so all that rain today wont be so bad as serunding view goes.

More flying will come for me now,,, as I have my solo licences now,,, heh,heh...

That does'nt meen I don't like flying with my buddy Paul beside me. I like to

keep learning from A PRO scale flyer that for shure, and best way to learn

new procedures and ways it should be done ...

245SHOT%20ON%20SITE%20Copyrights%20©2010.jpg

In the coming weeks,

I want to go all the way up to our far away field forest that you see on my photoshooting photographies. As soon as this road as been open from my next door friend tractor I will for shure go for a site look.

Then next time Paul is here, I mite propose to Paul to go out there for a one flight each and do plenty of photoshooting beside some big big x-mas trees that are just outside the forst and as to be use as background.

228SHOT%20ON%20SITE%20Copyrights%20©2010.jpg

Wonderfull place near the forest I most say, with out any wind as the forest

will be use as a wind cutter wal ...

So we should get out there for at lease one spin off ...

Till next time ...

• 3 weeks later...

The other day,

the SA-315B LAMA SAR CCG

was out of the hanger for some photoshoot as it was

such a nice saturday week-end day ...

As you can see the Private Heliport Facilities as some very

nice serunding area where the LAMA can rest at the sun ...

The SA-315B LAMA SAR CCG

@ her private heliport facilities:

2749SHOT%20ON%20SITE%20Copyrights%20©2010.jpg

2750SHOT%20ON%20SITE%20Copyrights%20©2010.jpg

2752SHOT%20ON%20SITE%20Copyrights%20©2010.jpg

2745SHOT%20ON%20SITE%20Copyrights%20©2010.jpg

2767SHOT%20ON%20SITE%20Copyrights%20©2010.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

What a,

busy schedule day it was at my own private heliport homebase a fiew days a go ...

My CFI mentor came over with his Ecureuil AS35N and broth at the same time

to do some flight foward test with the NEW Huey Griffon CH-146 from Canadian SAR

that he as been building for a friend of our's over winter ...

I also was going up with my LAMA SA-315B SAR CCG on that day and doing

my regular routine procedures ...

Yeah,

winter here is almost over and small portion of the land as snow cover now ...

Soon I'll be going on some journey mission outside the Homebase Heliport towards some deserted country site area to fly and to explore camping flying routine missions episodes ...

By next winter,

if all remain, I mite go for the Huey Griffon or the Bell 412 as a build scale project ...

After seen that Griffon from close and made photoshoot of it ,,, I had to consider thinking

to own one my self beside the LAMA later on by next year ... Will see ...

You can find the photoshoot set plates result's visual creations

in here:

Visit My Website

Visit My Website

Ecureuil AS355N:

March-9-010-Cedars-207.jpg

LAMA SA-315B SAR CCG:

March-9-010-Cedars-235.jpg

Huey Griffon CH-146 Canadian SAR:

P3067962.jpg