8710 for CFI renewal

helijay

Hey all, I am coming upon my CFI renewal date and will be filling out my 8710 shortly. My question is what boxes do I have to fill out. I check the flight instructor renewal...i see that, but do I check the commercial, instrument, and rotorcraft boxes as well? What if I am a CFII as well? Do I check additional ratting. THis is my first renewal and just want to get it right, so I dont look like an idiot when I show up to the FSDO. Appreciate all the guidance...Jason

Hey all, I am coming upon my CFI renewal date and will be filling out my 8710 shortly. My question is what boxes do I have to fill out. I check the flight instructor renewal...i see that, but do I check the commercial, instrument, and rotorcraft boxes as well? What if I am a CFII as well? Do I check additional ratting. THis is my first renewal and just want to get it right, so I dont look like an idiot when I show up to the FSDO. Appreciate all the guidance...Jason

As far as I know... all I've ever done is check the "Renewal" box... the FSDO has never said anything about it.. Your Comm, Inst are a seperate license so you would NOT check those, and the CFII is on the same CFI certificate so no need to do that either. Just check "Renewal" and you should be good.

As far as I know... all I've ever done is check the "Renewal" box... the FSDO has never said anything about it.. Your Comm, Inst are a seperate license so you would NOT check those, and the CFII is on the same CFI certificate so no need to do that either. Just check "Renewal" and you should be good.

Ditto