Looking to buy R22

Guest pokey

There is one on Barnstomers for 47 thousand posted April 2nd,,,,,, I'm NOT a robbie fan, but? what does it cost to overhaul one & then what is it worth on the market? a new one costs what? I like 300's but, a new one is wayyyyyyyyyyyyy overpriced. I remember the days when you could buy a good used JetRanger OR a 500 for 80-150 thousand----------man ! i AM old ! :o

There is one on Barnstomers for 47 thousand posted April 2nd,,,,,, I'm NOT a robbie fan, but? what does it cost to overhaul one & then what is it worth on the market? a new one costs what? I like 300's but, a new one is wayyyyyyyyyyyyy overpriced. I remember the days when you could buy a good used JetRanger OR a 500 for 80-150 thousand----------man ! i AM old ! :o

Man do I wish I could find a 500 for 150k.

But then again if I found one, I'd only be about 155k short. :P

R22's are always in demand. The core value of a R22 is between $40K and $50K depending on condition and radios. You should expect to pay core value plus $65 per flight hour remaining as long as there is enough of the 12 year overhaul interval remaining to use those hours. Maintenance cost are less than that for an airplane.

My little red R22 was purchased so that I could build my skill. We are flying it like crazy and have 180 hours in the last 6 months. We practice carefully but the skill comes slowly. The R22 is a responsive and fun little helicopter.

R22's are always in demand. The core value of a R22 is between $40K and $50K depending on condition and radios. You should expect to pay core value plus $65 per flight hour remaining as long as there is enough of the 12 year overhaul interval remaining to use those hours. Maintenance cost are less than that for an airplane.

Thats pretty close to what I see in the market for a 22 Beta II. You can get a Beta timed out for 30-35K.

Overhaul is $115-120 or so. So that gives you a zero time BetaII for 165-170K or so...which is a much better deal than a brand new ship from the factory base priced now at 250K. Thank you Frank for protecting my investment in a used R22 by raising the new price every year!

BTW, these figures are down 5-10K from a couple years ago, so now is a good time to pick up a nice 22. There are also some ships for sale that still have time left on the main blades ( due to the blade AD a couple years ago)...these have more value built in.

Goldy