AME Class?

Hey all,

I am going to get my AME Cert. I am currently a student going for my private rating. I plan on going all the way to Commercial though.

What class cert should I get. Class 1 or 2?

Thanks for any help.

First of terminology. AME stands for Aviation Medical Examiner. This is the Doctor that examines you and issues the Medical Certificate. Personally I suggest that for the first one you get a first class medical. The reasoning behind that, is if you have a problem that could cause issues, now is the time to find it. Before you spend too much on training. If a waiver can be issued, the process is over and done with.

Second, if you operate internationally, some countries (JAA, etc) require a first class medical for all pilots operating commercially.

First of terminology. AME stands for Aviation Medical Examiner. This is the Doctor that examines you and issues the Medical Certificate. Personally I suggest that for the first one you get a first class medical. The reasoning behind that, is if you have a problem that could cause issues, now is the time to find it. Before you spend too much on training. If a waiver can be issued, the process is over and done with.

Second, if you operate internationally, some countries (JAA, etc) require a first class medical for all pilots operating commercially.

Thanks, that makes good sense. That's what I am going to do.