Enstrom 280fx Dominican Republic to USA-- SHORT NOTICE!

JMC- You're kidding me! That would be the most awesome flight and scenery ever!

I'm jealous just knowing someone out there could do this.....I think I feel a cold coming on and need to be sick for a few days.

Have a fantastic trip,

Goldy

Edited by Goldy

Dang, Just found a one one ticket for $450. Too bad I don't have a passport and the spare $ right now. That sounds like an awsome trip. And a good deal, I think you forgot to request your copilot pay for the fuel ect. lol (refering to prior ferry flight offers).

• 3 weeks later...

So, have to ask...who was the lucky VR member that got to go ??

It was actually one of our flight instructors who was able to get her child taken care of in a pinch--it wasnt looking good so I put out some feelers as a last resort. Our guys in the DR called me on a Friday for a Sunday departure. Would have been a long trip solo...

Awesome photos, looks like it was a fun trip. I can't wait to fly somewhere like that. Just out of curiosity, what was the longest over water stretch?

Puerta Plata D.R. (MDPP) to Providenciales, Ts&Cs (MBPV) is 155nm straight line distance and mostly deep, dark, cobalt waters as far as you can see until you hit the stunning Caicos Platform. Nassau International (MYNN) to Tamiami Executive (KTMB) is 165NM with only a few specks of land along the way.

The route was roughly this: SkyVector (use the buttons @ top right to change between charts--AWESOME website)

Edited by 280fxColorado
  • Like 1