Chopper Spotter EC-130

Nomad110

Well I got my Chopper Spotter today. If you know this thread you might think wait a minute, didn't you say that you put a deposit down on a Tiger Tug? You would be right but then after some last minute complications in the measurements I decided to switch back to something that was a little more tried and true. The Tiger Tug is a super product and undoubtedly works wonders but I didn't want to be one of the first to apply it to an EC-130 so I went with the safe route. They were super kind about it refunding 100% of my deposit. Anyway today my Model 4 arrived and man it's huge!! Box weighed almost 1200 lbs off the truck...I didn't have a forklift so getting it down and unboxed was interesting. Icing my back now... Anyway it's very well built and impressive for the price. I already found some nifty heavy duty adhesive backed industrial felt from McMaster that will be a perfect addition to those menacing claws up front. Once my ship gets back from paint I'll do my best to keep the skids looking like the powder puff she is. The crawl control is excellent and I have all the confidence in the world that it will be a breeze to use. The EC-130 gets out of maintenance on Friday so I'll check back then.

post-29989-0-19436100-1370496993_thumb.jpg

post-29989-0-05936700-1370496995_thumb.jpg

post-5661-0-41879000-1370522499_thumb.jpgpost-5661-0-58569200-1370522725_thumb.jpg

If you know this thread you might think wait a minute, didn't you say that you put a deposit down on a Tiger Tug?

OK, Nomad, if we're going to confess to changing our thoughts, I have to step in. Earlier in this post, I was singing the praises of my 14' dolly. A short time later, someone local was selling their 407 and I noticed they also had a Heliporter (Paravion). I had a look at it and bought it for 5K. Man, the room I save in my hanger is huge. I ordered some new saddles, but I like the fact that it sits underneath the 407 and it allows more space to walk around in the hanger. Anyways, congrats on your purchase.

attachicon.gifIMG_0041.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_1255.jpg

OK, Nomad, if we're going to confess to changing our thoughts, I have to step in. Earlier in this post, I was singing the praises of my 14' dolly. A short time later, someone local was selling their 407 and I noticed they also had a Heliporter (Paravion). I had a look at it and bought it for 5K. Man, the room I save in my hanger is huge. I ordered some new saddles, but I like the fact that it sits underneath the 407 and it allows more space to walk around in the hanger. Anyways, congrats on your purchase.

Wow that is significant. Plus good job on the price. 5K is an excellent deal!

Also, anyone who denies surfing your chopper spotter or similar device around your hangar is a damn liar! You know you did it! ; )