Clarity Aloft headsets

Does anyone here use them? How would you rate them compared to DC's (passives) or Bose/Lightspeeds?

I can see plenty of benefits over my DC's but wonder if I should just spend the extra dough on Bose or Lightspeeds and be done with it...

I have a set. I haven't used them recently, since I have to wear a helmet, but I did use them regularly before this job. I love them. I would never willingly go back to any type of headset with domes. In-the-ear headsets give superior noise cancellation and far superior comfort. ANR headsets don't work well for suppressing higher frequencies. Any headset should supply noise suppression numbers at a spread of frequencies across the range of normal human hearing. Compare the numbers for the headsets you're interested in. It's hard to compare comfort without actually wearing the headsets for some time, but IME there just isn't any comparison. Some people, though, can't stand having the eartips in their ears, so they prefer domes. It's a personal preference. But if you can stand to use regular earplugs, you should be fine with these.

Does anyone here use them? How would you rate them compared to DC's (passives) or Bose/Lightspeeds?

I can see plenty of benefits over my DC's but wonder if I should just spend the extra dough on Bose or Lightspeeds and be done with it...

Bose (last 3 generations) in the MD500. Great "doors on", but doors off you can expect sending them back for repair after 50 hours or so. Clarity alofts in the 500. they suck, hate 'em.

DC's are rock solid, used them in the 500, the 206, and the 105. You have to love their consistency. they just work.

Bose and Lightspeeds in the 105 are great, doors on or off, but I think that has more to do with the aircraft, not the headsets. havent tried the clarity's in the 105, because they suck. they didnt attenuate jack-shi_, they hurt your ear canals because you keep jamming them further and further IN, trying to make them work.....but all you end up with is sore ears. I still fly a helmet 99% of the time (now), but if I had to choose one headset it would be the bose, simply because they work, they have ANR, and if/when they break, Bose will fix 'em in a heartbeat, NO questions asked. IF ANR is not an issue....stick with the David Clarks because they are bombproof.

Ridethisbike- I wrote up a long review of the Clarity Aloft w/ BluLink on this thread:

http://helicopterforum.verticalreference.com/topic/16494-thoughts-on-in-ear-headsets/

Still love em, highly reccomended. You DO need to keep the eartips clean, wear the biggest size that fits in your ear canal, and replace them occasionally for best results. I wear the black extra large eartips and replace them every week of work or ~40hrs fly time. YMMV...

*edit* just reread the thread and saw you replied. *shrug*

Edited by 280fxColorado

If the Clarity Aloft isn't attenuating the noise, you have eartips that don't fit. Pushing them further in won't help. Get some better-fitting eartips. I like the silicone triple-flange type, and you can order them from several online sites which cater to the stereo earbud market. They have a canal through them which lets the sound get to your ears, they're very durable and washable, and come in multiple sizes. But the foam types work about as well, as long as you have the proper size. They shouldn't need to go very far into your ear canal.