Poll question on your annual flight hours . . .

AdminLB

My hours per month has changed drastically depending on the job. As a CFI It was anywhere from 40-70 a month. Now as a Hawaii tour pilot I fly over 100 hours each month and it has been increasing fast because the company is growing a lot. I think it will be 110 for the last 30 days and level off at either that or maybe a little more (120 or so per month).

I don't ever get tired of it! But I do also LOVE my time off!

Much of the time I show up to work to see a helicopter sitting there and I am suddenly extremely surprised and delighted that helicopters exist! So crazy to think that we exist at the same time as flying machines. Every time I fly around the island I am like, 'OMGosh I am in a helicopter and they are paying me and I actually know how to fly this thing!?'

I just earned my commercial glider license last week. Balloon rating...here I come!

Yay! That is awesome. Congratulations!!!! I am also rated in gliders. First was gliders, then airplanes, then helicopters.

Helicopters are sexy and airplanes are convenient and fun, but gliders are amazing and beautiful and so elegant. One day I will fly balloons. Working on paragliders now. :-)

• Like 1