Delta Ng

Torao

Hi, folks,

I am interpreter/translator English, French 2 Ukrainian, Russian from Ukraine. This is where Russia has recently annexed a great sub-tropical peninsula of Crimea and inspires bloody clashes at the Southeastern Ukraine.

I've got a translation job from French2Russian (the language widely spoken in my country) then to English. All this is about a Eurocopter model ECUREUIL AS 355 N.

I need help with a number of terms I can't find in the Internet or elsewhere. Many thanks in advance for your prompt help!

So, here is the list, Batch One:

1. BTP (oil)

2. PMU

3. Delta Ng

4. T4

Some next to follow.

Those are abbreviations

1. don't know

2. power monitoring or management unit? Could also be "Power Max - useful", as in the useful output of the engine, compared to PMC "Power Max - consumed". Not sure

3. delta as in "difference". Ng is the RPM or speed of the compressor part of the turbine engine. This is apparently used as an indication of how close you are to the operating limit for Ng on those engines.

Explained here: http://www.pprune.org/archive/index.php/t-256472.html

4. T4 is "Temperature No. 4", usually referring to the exhaust gas temperature of a turbine engine.

Don't translate those terms, they are universal and specific technically. Unless you're teaching the technical side of "why" the placement of the temperature probe, or why bars are used.

Not certain how the Cyrillic alphabet applies to technical terms if Russian speakers are going to read the text, but American English speaking pilots and mechanics use the French acronyms.

Hi, folks,

I am interpreter/translator English, French 2 Ukrainian, Russian from Ukraine. This is where Russia has recently annexed a great sub-tropical peninsula of Crimea and inspires bloody clashes at the Southeastern Ukraine.

I've got a translation job from French2Russian (the language widely spoken in my country) then to English. All this is about a Eurocopter model ECUREUIL AS 355 N.

I need help with a number of terms I can't find in the Internet or elsewhere. Many thanks in advance for your prompt help!

So, here is the list, Batch One:

1. BTP (oil)

2. PMU

3. Delta Ng

4. T4

Some next to follow.

Those P_Us are all French OEI ratings for the twin-engine helicopters:

French AS-355 Manual

Monomoteur (English: single-engined)

Transitoire 15s 140%

PMU 2 min 30s 131%

PIU 30 min 115%

Continu 100%

Super contingency power (PSU), sometimes referred to as the “one-engine-inoperative 30-seconds

Maximum super contingency power (PMU) sometimes known as the “one-engine-inoperative 2.5 minutes rating

Intermediate super contingency power (PIU), sometimes referred to as the “one-engine-inoperative 30 minutes rating.

BTP(oil) is French for MGB or Main rotor gearbox (oil).

Delta Ng:

Scan-1_zps5030c6aa.jpg

Scan-11_zps32d024b5.jpg

Screenshot2014-05-13at25612AM_zps83758e2Screenshot2014-05-13at25827AM_zps5118573

Edited by iChris
  • Like 2