11B Reclass/To WOFT

Hello All,

I am currently an 11B Infantryman, deployed to Afghanistan. I am finishing up my deployment and am in my reenlistment window. I know I want to go into aviation but I have some questions..

1) I have always wanted to be a pilot but I'm curious if being a crew chief first might be a better option? I know I have to be a mechanic and prove myself to be a crew chief but I feel with a combat deployment on my record and my prior service I should excel and be a crew chief quickly. Am I wrong?

2) If I drop a warrant officer packet what are the chances of me getting picked up? Is it really that competitive?

3) What are all of the steps after getting picked from the selection board? Where do I go immediately following the board?

Any information I can get I greatly appreciate. Thank you!

See the military sub forum further down.

1) No. Apply to WOFT if you want WOFT.

2) Much better chances than if you don't drop your packet. There's really no way to know otherwise.

3) This information has been posted many times in the past in the military sub. Focus on your 10M targets for now. Like finding LORs, studying for the SIFT, etc.

Have a good (great) PT score, good ASVAB, and SIFT scores, pass your flight physical, and you've got a chance.

Good luck.