How long does it take to convert an FAA certificate to a Canadian one?

Astro

it has changed, i checked into getting my aussie licence a few years ago, they said if i had canuuk license, it was easily converted: IF i do it by june or (i forget) of such & such year. but to get my canuuk license? it took a time period of waiting or some such foolishness. Anyhow, i have nothing worthwhile to contribute to this besides "good luck" and hope you do better than i did. oh yes, do you have a roll of "red tape"? it don't matter, they have plenty for ya.

practice on your jumping thru hoops too.

Edited by pokey

You will first be required to obtain your medical and that can take 60-180 days for your first medical. Then the process requires you to write an exam in Canada at a TC facility and an administrator will review your logbooks in person. The exam requires quite a bit of studying and several reads thru the CAR's, to me it was more difficult than the FAA exams. Not the most simple process but it's worth it if you can find work up north. Some of the best folks I've had the pleasure to work with.