DUI and 153A

In 2011 I was arrested but never charged with a DUI (stupid PVT mistake). On the military side I was diagnosed with "alcohol abuse" by ASAP, and given a GOMOR. I completed all required classed by ASAP, and have not had so much as a speeding ticket in the 10 years since. I was denied by Flight Psych for a wavier because I didn't complete 5 years of AA after my required ASAP class.  Is there anyway to change my "alcohol abuse" to "alcohol misuse"? Or what my next steps should be in order to have my physical approved? I have worked extremely hard in the last 10 years to not let my mistake hinder my career and I refuse to accept that it will prevent me from being a helicopter pilot. Any advice or guidance is appreciated. 

I don't have any answers to your questions, but if you are hell bent on becoming a helicopter pilot, your best bet is probably going to be the civilian side. I know it's not what you want to hear, but I'd say you chances of getting picked up with a history of being in ASAP and a GOMOR in your file are slim to none, DUI charge or not. Why choose an applicant with that past when they have 99 others with clean records? I know you view it as a stupid mistake, but stupid mistakes in this line of work get people killed. That being said, make them tell you no bro. Good luck!