Cold Weather Flying

TH55

• 9 months later...

I've flown to -52 C which was stupid (I was young) in a 206.

Our Company limits us to -45 C. The Astars are -40c by Flt Manual and 206 on Jet A with or without FSII or A/F fuel filter are restricted to -32C if the fuel press. guage is properly marked. At any of these temps if you were to have even a minor accident it could be fatal.

We generally cancel training flights at -10F, and think twice about commercial ops at -20F. I did a long IFR training flight last January with -32F on the OAT gauge. Cold enough for me, thanks.

I have a experience of flying Lama And Fennec hel Arround K2 over the Glasiears over Karakurms range and around Highiest mountains of the world. The4 Max Hight i flew fennec Hel on Test Flight up to Max 7300 meters and Lama Up to 22300 fts . and encounter temp max up to -35 to -40 in non pressureise cabin. I think it was max limit i coul tolerate.

I have a experience of flying Lama And Fennec hel Arround K2 over the Glasiears over Karakurms range and around Highiest mountains of the world.  Max Hight i flew fennec Hel on Test Flight upto Max 7300 meters and Lama Up to 22300 fts . I encounter temp max up to -35 to -40 in non pressureise cabin. I think it was max limit i could tolerate.

I have a experience of flying Lama And Fennec hel Arround K2 over the Glasiears over Karakurms range and around Highiest mountains of the world.  Max Hight i flew fennec Hel on Test Flight upto Max 7300 meters and Lama Up to 22300 fts . I encounter temp max up to -35 to -40 in non pressureise cabin. I think it was max limit i could tolerate.