Law Enforcement Aviation Statistics

SKIDz78

Greetings to all!

Currently I am working on a paper for my Master's program and I chose to use law enforcement aviation as my market. I'm looking for statistics on what the average operational budget for departments in the US is. Anything from how much spending of acquisition of aircraft to maintenance. So far I haven't been able to find much. Are there any documents out there that I might be able to take a peek at? All this time, I forgot that I had the greatest tool available to me within VR!

My many thanks in advance,

Jose

Good call HeliMark! I actually went on there but you have to be a member to get to the really good stuff. To be honest with you, I don't even know if you have to be a law enforcement pilot to join. Maybe I'll try that tonight. If anyone else has any suggestions, it would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Jose

Not sure how much info you will get. Most departments really do not like to publish that type of select information. Only the total. Maybe going to the web sites of different cities/counties will give the info.

One more thing, when you do your research, you may want to only do a select size department. Otherwise the numbers will be all over the place as the big one's like LAPD/LASD have an aero budget bigger then most police department's as a whole.