Robinson

Hi Folks,

We decided to go with the R-22 here in Mayberry. I'm signed up for the May 06 class at the factory. My question is; My plan is to do the CFI at a school with R-22's in January prior to the safety course, good or bad idea? Any suggestions or comments?

We can get a lease and I can be building the required hours flying solo until the course. I know I can't teach in a 22 before the course, but I appreciate your feedback.

::thanks::

KM

Do you have any time in a 22?  What state are you in?  

Can you go out of state, to get your CFI?  

I recommend Pacific Coast Helicopters, once your at the safety course, to get a little more time in the 22.  They're on the field at Torrance.

KM

I would get the CFI(in 22) before the course, it will give you a better understanding of the 22.  The course is awesome!  We did settling with power from 1500 feet, and held it to 700 feet(1500 fpm on the VSI) and nosing it over to 45+ degrees nose down, to get out of it....pretty amazing.  Also did 5 auto's  1 @ 500'  1 @ 300 & 200', and 2 @ 100'....the latter is unbelievalbe.....your in a hover in just about 4 seconds.  It's a violent maneuver, but.....also pretty cool.  

Depends on the weather, but I'd stay in FL or come to AZ or CA.  Ca gets a little rain, but is pretty fair for the winter.  Look into pacificcoasthelicopters.com  pretty good school...also the cheapest per hour I've seen.

Don't forget about SFAR73 requirements to be able to teach in the R22

Yep, got that covered. I won't teach until I have built the time required by the SFAR. Should work out pretty good, have 15 now, should be close to 40 (maybe more after CFI) and I can fly ours until the safety course in May. With over 2000 TT I'm hoping for a pretty good insurance rate, but that's the FBO operator's deal. Hoping for the best, never know till you go for it, right?

Great point and thanks.  ::2thumbsat::