Intersesting Radio ad for SSH

Heard an ad on Rock 105.3 in San Diego this AM for Silver State Helo's.......interesting part was that their sales pitch was " A shortage of Helo pilots". My first though was........Who's gonna hire a new pilot for anything other than instructing........

The ad made it sound like you graduate and your flying for big money. Thought was also intersting that they mentioned to fly rather than get a college degree........ seems like they are used car salesmen.....

Heard an ad on Rock 105.3 in San Diego this AM for Silver State Helo's.......interesting part was that their sales pitch was " A shortage of Helo pilots". My first though was........Who's gonna hire a new pilot for anything other than instructing........

The ad made it sound like you graduate and your flying for big money. Thought was also intersting that they mentioned to fly rather than get a college degree........ seems like they are used car salesmen.....

my brother went to the info session and i have talked with them before. you go through the training program and then they hire you for a six month evaluation period as an instructor. i think starting pay with silver state is around 18/hr and can get as good as 25/hr in a years time. also, you don't need a college degree to fly, but it looks good on a resume. hope that helps.

my brother went to the info session and i have talked with them before. you go through the training program and then they hire you for a six month evaluation period as an instructor. i think starting pay with silver state is around 18/hr and can get as good as 25/hr in a years time. also, you don't need a college degree to fly, but it looks good on a resume. hope that helps.

I went to the seminar and have yet to hear just how much the training would be. I also went to the delta web site and found their training would cost around 75k including jet transition. The quotes from ssh so far were around 69k to 75k.

yall need to check out the thread about the silver state class action lawsuit. this is not a company you want to get invoved with because if and when they go bankrupt, you will not get one cent of your money back, not even if you havent even flown. and if troubled times come and you can not stay in training, first you will wait forever getting your due refund, second you will be charged a ton to cancel your contract (~$10000). Some of their contracts have even allowed them to keep the entire amount of a drop-out's money no matter how long they were in training. not sure if that is recent or if that was just for a short period of time that they were doing that. in all, it is a total rip-off. just take a look at all the students they have failed to get completed in their advertised 1 year....none!...ok, maybe one or two that dont have to work for a living..........OUT OF 1200-1600 students in the past 3 years! absolute misrepresentation on the part of the owner at these seminars.

I went to the seminar and have yet to hear just how much the training would be. I also went to the delta web site and found their training would cost around 75k including jet transition. The quotes from ssh so far were around 69k to 75k.

True, but if you get your fixed wing training from Delta, you just have money to burn... Fixed wing ratings can be done for 1/2 what Delta charges...